Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • gilet recommendations
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Lost my gore gilet last year and complained so much my gf has banned me from mentioning it. Bought a 2nd hand one from here but it’s bit too bulky to stick in a jersey pocket on road rides, any non extortionate but lightweight gilets worth a punt?

Clearly this excludes Rapha gilet before anyone mentions it

edd

I have and Altura gilet. It didn’t cost too much, it’s light and has a mesh back (essential for riding with a CamelBak). Might be this one:

http://www.zyro.co.uk/brand/ALTURA/ALTURA/AL20ETP/ETAPE%20GILET.aspx

ruscle
    Free Member

I got the dhb Wickham eVent Waterproof Gilet, A bargain at £53, waterproof and very breathable, If your gonna get hot you dont need a gilet on! only need it on those changeable days, so this item is perfect.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a Montane pertex one and it’s marvellous. Bundles up in to a tiny little pouch, which has handy velcro straps to attach it to stuff. Not waterproof, but keeps the wind off, which IMO is what a gilet is for.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Sportful Hotpack
    Packs down really small and is very light.

Northwind

I’ve got a couple, an Altura Reflex one which is fantastic and a Montane tiny one which is tiny, nonfantastic but still good.

The Altura one’s got a mesh back, which does kinda restrict the waterproofing a bit! But most water hits you in the front especially with a camelbak on. It’s got the react fabric which is highly breathable. This is the only waterproof I’ve ever found that I can wear on a warm day and not feel horrible, it’s a very handy bit of kit.

The Montane one is the size of an apple when packed, and is fully enclosed so good if worn without a camelbak, but a lot more sweaty. It’s showerproof but not waterproof. Useful thing to have as it can just go in my pack and be forgotten about, but it’s not really all that good at what it does. Still, a good compromise, sort of absolute minimum weatherproofing.

rossrobot
    Free Member

It’s not cheap and a bit bigger than a proper cycling gilet but this Finisterre one is ace. I’ve got one and it fits into its own pocket and weights next to nothing.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Endura convert is what I’d go for as it doubles up as a very effective waterproof jacket. Mesh back, not too heavy and rolls up pretty small.

warpcow
    Free Member

I quite like my Endura Lazer. Packs down small, but is only showerproof. For waterproof I have some Gore one with zip-off arms, but even as a gilet it’s too warm for summer.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i have a long sleeved montane lightweight, not sure why i didn’t think to look for a gilet version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘gilet recommendations’ is closed to new replies.