Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • gilet recomendations
  • mrmo
    Free Member

After some ideas, i lost my last gilet early summer, but with the change in weather could do with a new one.

It needs to be slim, i am 6′ and 11.5st on a fat day, I am guessing Castelli/Assos would be a Large but others?

I don’t really want to be paying Castelli let alone Assos pricing.

i am thinking windproof front and mesh/standard jersey material on the back. a pocket would be nice,

Anyone seen any offers, recommend brands/ models?

Not white, this is going to get used in crap weather after all. Not a fan of fluro in general.

tlr

Montane Slipstream gilet sounds almost ideal for you.

Pertex front, mesh back, folds up to nothing and a medium would fit you perfectly. I’m similar build to you, just half a stone lighter and I have a medium. I was actually about to sell it if you might be interested? No pockets is the only downside.

tang
    Free Member

I am the same size and weight. If mo isnt interested i might be tir.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Anything that’s gore windstopper it really is the best

charliedontsurf

I have two… One is black and cost £8.00 at aldi. It’s alright, no complaints.

But on road, especially after my friend (and mechanic) was killed I now wear one of these mavic visions…

The extra room you are given is quite amazing. I look like a road sweeper on EPO but I live to ride another day.

Back pocket is big enough for fish and chips and a few Guiness.

By the way, I don’t sell or stock these. Happy to pay full RRP on these.

superfli
    Free Member

I’m liking my DHB one, nice snug fit and keeps me warm when needed. Only use it a few times so far though.
    Cheap as well at £24. You’d want a large
    http://www.wiggle.com/dhb-windslam-gilet-aw11/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘gilet recomendations’ is closed to new replies.