Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gigs in Hyde Park (anyone been to one?)
  • guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Morning all,

Heading to Hyde Park later to see Blur. Did anyone go last night?
    Just wondering if they let you take in bags, food and bottles of water or if they try to insist you spend all your money in the arena. Won’t bother making me sarnies if it’s the latter.

Cheers,
    jon

Andy@MBR
    Free Member

there’s drinking water in there. We took loads of bottled water and really, one bottle would have been fine as you can refill.
    Food – no probs. Beers were £3.50. Blur were excellent

mrmo
    Free Member

been to a couple of other bands over the last few years and been no problems taking food and drink in. People were taking picnics to Jack Johnson last year if that helps.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Great. Cheers. Knew I could find the answer on here. Can’t find any info on the internet about any of this! Glad to hear blur were excellent.

One more question…is there any form of “cloakroom”? I need to take a couple of wheel bags down to London with me to give to my bro and don’t fancy hanging on to them all afternoon/evening.

Andy@MBR
    Free Member

“is there any form of “cloakroom”?”

Yep, they had lockers/cloakroom

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Cheers Andy. Might buy your mag for the train journey down to say thank you (if you are actually from MBR).

WillH

Saw Aerosmith there a couple of years ago. No probs taking food and drink in, seem to recall bottles had to be plastic and sealed though.

nicko74

Looks like there’s some reasonable support tonight, too. If you get there before about 5ish you should be able to find space to plonk yourself down and enjoy the sun/ cloud. I’m guessing first support acts will start about 4.30-5ish, based on previous experience.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I’ve not heard of any of the support bands tonight. We’re getting there plenty early enough. Around 3:30ish.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gigs in Hyde Park (anyone been to one?)’ is closed to new replies.