Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • gigabit switch recommendations?
  • sam_underhill

Anyone got any experience of these?
    I've been looking at the netgear GS108 or the GS608. Is the 608 just the same but backed up with the prosafe scheme? or do I just save £20 and buy the same thing but in a pretty white box (GS608) ?

fozzybear
    Free Member

netgear is ok for the money, they aren't full duplex gigabit switches but do the job ok.

there is no real difference between prosafe and home edition other than the prosafe scheme yes. no improved performance between either, we installed a 108 recently for my GF dad was ok, good uptime, good speed. not amazing but linked to 10/100 computers, hdd's and streamers so don't expect high speeds really on that system.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sam_underhill

the specs on Netgear's site says that they are both full duplex. are they telling porkies?

fozzybear
    Free Member

there is full duplex and there is "cicso/HP full duplex" in their switches 😉

i'll be honest and say i saw it said full duplex but i expect it's not bi directional duplexing..

like i said, it's more than up to the job of a home/small office switch. the 108 would meet and exceed your needs i expect.

sam_underhill

thanks fozzybear. to be honest, I'll probably get the 608 then, seeing as it is 20 quid cheaper and likely the same thing.

fozzybear
    Free Member

608 is cheaper?? 😯

thought the 108 would be as it's aimed as a "home network" product.
    IIRC we got outs from overclockers for £38!

sam_underhill

other way round. 108 is the prosafe blue one. 608 is the white home one.

fozzybear
    Free Member

LoL sorry, my mixup.. 😆 😀

Shakey
    Free Member

I bought one of these when they were on offer, seems to do a job in a soho environment: –

Tenda Gigabit switch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘gigabit switch recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.