Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • gig you would've loved to have been at?
  • dugsud
    Free Member

U2 – Red Rock 1983

Queen – Live Aid

ACDC – Paris 1979 (Bin Scott’s last gig)

Rush – Any gig on the original 2112 tour

DezB
    Free Member

Any White Stripes gig 🙁
    Nirvana & Tad at Portsmouth Poly. Saw the bands walk past my window at work during the day, but for some reason didn’t go to the gig (and I went to every bloody gig there!) Gutted.
    But I’ve seen everyone else I could possibly want to see 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That or the first IOW festival in 1970 Hendrix, Who, Doors, Miles Davis, Sly & Familly Stone etc etc…

I was there. Hendrix was rubbish.

It was the third festival, BTW.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Best acts: Family, Free, The Who, Joni Mitchell, Tiny Tim, Jethro Tull.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Talking Heads on the ” stop making sense ” tour

DezB
    Free Member

I was there. Hendrix was rubbish.

Obviously you weren’t on the right drugs

jambalaya
    Free Member

I regret turning down invites/opportunities to see

Live Aid
    Clash
    Jam

Have had the great pleasure to see the following early in their careers (easy to guess my age !)

Costello
    Stranglers
    Undertones
    Buzzcocks
    Pogues
    UB40
    Madness
    Specials
    Tourists
    9 Below Zero

Probably my favourite Costello gig had Orange Juice in support, they got booed off after 3 songs and went on to have a top 10 hit with “Rip it Up” which I don;t think they even managed to play

Not PC but Gary Glitter was fantastic at the Student Union Freshers Ball

pedalhead
    Free Member

I would have cut off an arm to go see Bob Mould this summer. He was touring to support his new album, but more importantly he performed the entire Copper Blue album from his Sugar days as well. Probably the last chance to ever hear that live, and imho one of the best albums ever.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Oasis, Nebworth. Saw them elsewhere and they were sh1t “

It was the only place I saw them….. and they were Sh1t

lol

Prodigy as support were much better

DezB
    Free Member

Saw Oasis on their first tour and they were brilliant. Subsequently became shit 🙂

brick
    Free Member

Bambaataa is a good shout.

I’d like to have seen

CAN – around Tago Mago with Damo Suzuki
    Led Zep
    Bowie – Ziggy era
    PIL
    Galaxie 500 (saw them once but then girlfriend was ill so left early!)
    Stevie Wonder 70’s

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bjork on the Vespertine tour would have been fantastic. Finally saw her on the Medulla tour and she was incredible, but it’s not my favourite album of hers.

Still not seen Cat Power….

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Would love to have seen the Manics at Glastonbury in 1994.

Or been at the MTV recording of Neil Young Unplugged the year before.

jimster
    Free Member

Zeppelin at Earls Court ’74 or at the O2.

MrAgreeable

I wish I’d seen Bo Ningen in Hull last thursday

Not wanting to gloat, but I saw them in Bristol and they kicked arse. 🙂

Missed Public Enemy the other night due to general lethargy. Still not seen Big Daddy Kane, Ultramagnetic or many of the other golden-era hip hop MCs.

MrAgreeable

For all those mourning Lux Interior:

[video]http://vimeo.com/1628397[/video]

noteeth
    Free Member
    instanthit
    Free Member

The Pistols. Managed to get an Anarchy tour poster.
    The Cramps. Had a ticket for London but ended up with a broken nose two nights before the gig and unable to get to London.
    The Cure at Totnes 78. made the choice to buy the 2nd Damned album instead of going to the gig.
    The Who, Stones, Beatles, Elvis, The Slits, Nirvana, Dexy’s Midnight Runners too name but a few.
    Have been very lucky over the years and seen lots of bands, and still going; off to see Peter Hook in acouple of weeks in a small venue, should be good.

ononeorange

The Cult circa 1985.

scud
    Free Member

For me, I would of loved to have seen the Violent Femmes, band i’ve always loved, but no very little about.

Would of also loved to have The Who and Led Zeppelin at their height, bands these days just don’t seem to be capable of having such big ideas and sounds.

instanthit
    Free Member

ononeorange-saw the cult around this time in a small church?? the venue had stained glass windows in Bristol, your post reminded me of the gig. They were at their best, managed to see them a few times, always great live.

wwaswas

I’m amazed how many of the list I’ve seen 🙂

Who I wish I’d seen;

Woody Guthrie
    Betty Smith
    John Lee Hooker
    Son House

all of the above anywhere.

TheFlyingOx

Marvin Berry and the Starlighters – Enchantment Under The Sea, Hill Valley High, 12th November 1955

That and Queen in Montreal, 1981

RoterStern
    Free Member

Apart from all the bands I was too young to see one of the gigs I would have liked to have been at is J&MC at ULU in London. Ended in a riot. 😈

Another one I regretted not going to and all my friends did was Green Day playing in a small back room in a pub in Derby (IIRC)just before Dookie went ballistic.

boltonjon

Jack White – Alexandra Palace 2nd November 2012

Oh, hang on – i’ve got tickets – WAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 😀

Northwind

Ah yeah… I still feel like an idiot for not going to see Muse at the Venue in Edinburgh in 2000. We went to the aftershow party but I skived the gig even though I could have got in for free because, quote me, “They’re just a radiohead rip-off”.

So, it’d be nice to fix that one.

CountZero

jimster – Member
    Zeppelin at Earls Court ’74 or at the O2.

It was ’75, I’ve still got one of these:

Pink Floyd toured Wish You Were Here in ’74, bootlegged as Winter Tour ’74.
    I was at the Bristol Hippodrome concert… 😀

CountZero

Two I did miss, for no good reason, especially as they were in my home town, were The Smiths, and King Crimson! They both played Golddiggers, and I failed to get tickets for both of them. Oh, and I didn’t bother getting tickets for Roxy Music when they played Chippenham Town Hall, when Virginia Plain came out, because my G/F wasn’t that interested!
    Deary, deary me… 😳

jamj1974

Son House and Woody Guthrie for sure! Also Leadbelly would have been absolutely amazing. Has anyone mentioned Otis Redding at Monterey or Booker T & the MG’s on the European Stax/Volt Revue?

wwaswas

Woody Guthrie
    Betty Smith
    John Lee Hooker
    Son House

errm I meant Bessie Smith. 😳

I think Betty was her rather less well known aunt.

ononeorange

I am envious, instanthit, envious. I stupidly passed up the chance of seeing them the night before my degree exams. What was I thinking?

jimster
    Free Member

Any of the gigs in the late 70’s / early 80’s at the Malvern Winter Gardens. Rory Gallagher 1980 springs to mind.

Rumour also has it that Zeppelin practised there for the Knebworth gigs.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve thought of another one.

Always regretted not seeing Pop Will Eat Itself live, preferably touring Cure For Sanity so I’d get all the best material.

This might be my No 1 actually.

DezB
    Free Member

Always regretted not seeing Pop Will Eat Itself live
    Probably the band I’ve seen the most – they used to almost have a residency at Portsmouth Poly! Jolly fun live band.

dingabell
    Free Member

+1 for PWEI. Amazing live. Did an excellent line in t-shirts too. Why oh why did I chuck all my gig shirts from the 80s and early 90s?

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘gig you would've loved to have been at?’ is closed to new replies.