Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • gig you would've loved to have been at?
  • racefaceec90

there are plenty to choose from for me,but the one i really would have loved to have been at would’ve been when nine inch nails played at lollapalooza (when they played tracks from their new album “the downward spiral”.

that would have been awesome 😀

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Orbital, Glastonbury 1994.

Seen them loads of other times, Somerset house in the rain being particularly memorable but I’d have loved to have been at that one.

lucien

The Clash – anywhere

Keando

The Who with Keith Moon

footflaps

Live Aid and seen Queen play there.

banks
    Free Member

Joy division – when they did the gig for les Bains douches bootleg

chakaping
    Free Member

Pixies before they split.

Stone Roses on first album tour.

Harris
    Free Member

The Band final show @ Winterland Ballroom.

fbk
    Free Member

Oasis, Nebworth. Saw them elsewhere and they were sh1t

tazzymtb

the cramps in their heyday and Adam and the ants 79-81

sc-xc

Culture Shock, Teardrop Explodes, Clash

chakaping
    Free Member

the cramps in their heyday

Good call.

Stooges before I was born also, for me.

warton
    Free Member

The Stones 1969 american tour, Madison Square Gardens.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cxsgn2UzQ0[/video]

tazzymtb

oh and Mozart with Haydn’s requiem in C minor 1772

bigG
    Free Member

Elvis in Vegas, the music may not have been the king at his best. But that would be a night to remember forever.

shakers
    Free Member

I saw the Pixies before they split (at Preston Guildhall), and I saw Nirvana 3 times, when the headlined Reading, the year before when they were something like 2nd bottom of the bill (where Kurt broke his arm jumping into the drums), and once at Manchester Academy.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Cash at Folsom prison.

I saw the Pixies before they split (at Preston Guildhall), and I saw Nirvana 3 times, when the headlined Reading, the year before when they were something like 2nd bottom of the bill (where Kurt broke his arm jumping into the drums), and once at Manchester Academy.

No one like a show off 😀

sc-xc

shakers – this is gigs/bands you wished you had seen (let’s not get into willy waving)

Cash at Folsum – great call.

Springsteen at the Apollo 1975

Dan67
    Free Member

swedish house mafia at MK bowl last year. Last time they will play in England

wait4me

I saw Cash at Folsom, but not a lot else for a couple of decades.

shakers
    Free Member

I saw those gigs. My life on it.

sc-xc

So did many people here. (Nirvana – shittest band I ever saw – third on the bill under Mudhoney/Tad at Edwards no. 8 in Birmingham). Pixies? Load of shit every time I saw them, from the small gigs to the festys. Stine Roses at Dudley JBs? An event, but not a great gig….

This is about gigs you would have wanted to see 😀

shakers
    Free Member

Fair point – well Spike Island would be my wish I was there gig, again an event more than a decent gig from what I hear.

wait4me

Sex Pistols in Manchester 1976. Mind you, I’d probably be the one person that didn’t end up in a band 🙁

sc-xc

Yep, although the Stone Roses gig for me would have been Ally Pally….

shakers
    Free Member

Same venue Dylan going electric – “traitor”

mogrim

Saw Pixies before they split, probably the best gig I ever saw.

Would have liked to see the Stones in their heyday, ideally when the Hells Angels provided the security 🙂

shakers
    Free Member

Sorry to be clear not saying I saw Dylan at the Free Trade Hall, but would have liked to.

Ally Pally – good shout!

Duggan

Would’ve liked to see the Stone Roses in their early days even though I suspect they wouldn’t have actually been that great. Same for Orbital, in the early days.

dingabell
    Free Member

Arcade Fire at Coachella 2011 when those big inflatable glowing coloured balls fell on everyone’s heads during Wake Up.

anagallis_arvensis

I saw orbital at glasters in 94. Same year or year after I saw Cash. Would have loved to seen Townes van Zandt.

theotherjonv

The Doors in Miami, March 1 1969.

Just to see if he did or didn’t.

LenHankie
    Free Member

Not strictly a gig as such, but: The Beatles on the roof above Savile Row.

CountZero

Any Genesis gig with Gabriel, particularly Foxtrot/Selling England… era, and Sandy Denny when she played Bristol, around ’92, I think. Would have loved to have seen The Who, and Bowie doing Ziggy. Oh, and Tom Waits, and Joni Mitchell, at any time, nothing specific.

bedmaker

The Pogues in their prime when Shane could still sing.
    The Who at Woodstock, it looks amazing on the film.
    Leftfield in a smallish venue.

seadog101

Wife and duaghter went to see Dry The River at Fibbers in York last night. Would have loved to have gone too, but I’m stuck away at work. Dang.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

The Emperor reunion gig at the Astoria in 2006.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour, before Cliff Burton died and still on the way up.

Rocket From The Crypt on their first UK tour.

Pigface
    Free Member

I saw Metallica on the only UK show for Ride the Lightening at the Lyceum. Tank and Bernie Torme supported an amazing night. Stupidly loud and was offered £100 for my ticket outside. It was as James said a “melon farmer of a neck ache”

I would of loved to of seen the Tubes in there heyday

maccruiskeen

Pixies? Load of shit every time I saw them, from the small gigs to the festys

There was a nice interview with Neil Hannon on Radio 6 a few weeks back where he was saying how he always tells people how much he regrets that he never got to see the Pixies play live. The one day he was clearing out his loft he found a Pixies ticket stub, so he had seen them after all but it obviously wasn’t very memorable.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘gig you would've loved to have been at?’ is closed to new replies.