Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Gig Census
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

What have you got coming up and where?

J Mascis @ The Haunt, Brighton (tonight)

Mineral @ The Joiners, Southampton (6th Feb)

Mudhoney @ The Forum, London (30th May)

NOFX @ Brixton Academy (4th July)

Anecdotally, ticket prices seem to be on a gentle downwards trajectory (for non-stadium
    shows at least) after years of rampant inflation.

Stoner
    Free Member

Public Service Broadcasting in Brizzle on 23rd April.

my first gig for 20yrs or so 😀

Northwind

I think I have absolutely none. Maybe the first time in 20 years that’s happened!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bravohotel8er
    Free Member

20 years? That’s quite the hiatus!

DezB
    Free Member

Young Fathers – Southampton
    Young Fathers – Brighton
    Glass Animals – Brighton
    Underworld – Brighton
    Fat White Family/Amazing Snakeheads etc (NME tour) – Portsmouth

not sure of dates, Feb/March. There will be more!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Amon Amarth in Leamington Spa at the end of the month. Hope it’s a sign of more decent bands coming to Leamington, going to Brum or Woverhampton on a week night is a nightmare!

hot_fiat

Underworld – Sage Gateshead in March.

and that’s it so far.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve got tickets for two at the moment, Underworld in London somewhere and Nils Frahm at Camden Roundhouse. I wouldn’t mind seeing Kosheen at Koko in Camden at the end of January too.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’ve only been to Koko once (Rocket From the Crypt), though beautiful I found it to be incredibly counter-intuitive in terms of layout…getting drinks/moving around was fraught with difficulties. Alternatively, I may just have been worse for wear!

chambord
    Free Member

War on drugs in Manchester in February (After I couldn’t get tickets last year), trying to save some money so nothing else planned…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

my first gig for 20yrs or so

Just as well you’ve got someone looking after you. 😀

Hope you enjoy J Mascis bh8er? He was playing on Jan 7th in Brizzle but working away meant I couldn’t go. LaLa plays him a lot on 6Music…which was where I first heard of him…kinda missed Dinosaur Jr the first time round.

Danny79
    Free Member

January 30th Kasassin Street @ Joiners Southampton
    February 14th Mariachi El Bronx @ Brooklyn Bowl London
    February 28th Yak @ Lennon’s Southampton

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mariachi El Bronx

Oh, now there’s a good night!! 😀

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Cheers dd! Never seen him solo before, but have watched Dinosaur Jr 3 times and always been
    impressed. Need to listen to that 6Music session from yesterday…lots of people on Facebook
    were complaining about him him being antisocial during Lauren’s interview, but he’s just incredibly
    withdrawn and I’ve always quite liked rock stars who feel a bit embarrassed about being rock stars!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

complaining about him him being antisocial during Lauren’s interview

Ah yeah, when I read up about him when thinking of going to the gig, I got the impression that there wouldn’t be too much banter. “Introspective” was how he was politely described.

Harris
    Free Member

Ride @ Barrowlands and again the following week @ Paradiso, Amsterdam. Both end of May.
    My gig going has all but dried up over the past 3-4 years, although I never miss a Mogwai tour.
    As DD said, enjoy J. Mascis bh8er. I hope he’s as loud as ever.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just Glastonbury at the moment.

Can’t afford to go to any more now!

swavis

Halestorm @ The Ironworks Inverness in March. Can’t wait

ChrisL

Northwind – Member
    I think I have absolutely none. Maybe the first time in 20 years that’s happened!

Well if you got your finger out about TV on the Radio then that might not be the case! 🙂

Mark Lanegan Band @ O2 ABC Glasgow later this month
    TV on the Radio @ Queens Hall Edinburgh in February
    Public Service Broadcasting at some point

DezB
    Free Member

TV on the Radio

Oh, must see if they’re coming down here!

[edit] Balls! Manchester, Leeds, London. Gits.

iolo
    Free Member

January – Slipknot in Liverpool
    May -ACDC in Vienna
    June- Rock in Vienna

I might go to Rock Werchter in Belgium in June
    http://www.rockwerchter.be/nl

tenfoot

Alt J – O2 London in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.

Danny79
    Free Member

Ai Loving the Bronx will be second time I’ve seen them as Mariachi El Bronx seen them as Bronx a few times as well. Have you heard the latest album deadlydarcy?

grievoustim
    Free Member

I am also at J Mascis in Brighton tonight

Got Jesus and Mary Chain and War on Drugs in Feb at Brighton dome

Need to get some more sorted now – want to see Ex Hex, but not a great night for me

DezB
    Free Member

Got Jesus and Mary Chain…

Gawd, I hope they’re better than when I saw them in london a few years ago – talk about going through the motions. Plus singer doing the Hope Sandoval parts totally out of tune!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

j mascis is in manchester tomorrow night but i messed up and missed out on tickets, balls.
    mineral? i can’t bring myself to do it. saw them in louisville kentucky in 1998 and they were great. video evidence post-reformation suggests they’re not so great now…
    i have nothing else on the horizon at the moment, gig-wise.

CountZero

Cheers dd! Never seen him solo before, but have watched Dinosaur Jr 3 times and always been
    impressed. Need to listen to that 6Music session from yesterday…lots of people on Facebook
    were complaining about him him being antisocial during Lauren’s interview, but he’s just incredibly
    withdrawn and I’ve always quite liked rock stars who feel a bit embarrassed about being rock stars!

I heard the whole thing, and I thought LaLa did a stirling job getting as much out of J as she did, but she has previous with him, as she mentioned, and clearly knows how difficult he is to interview.
    She was working bloody hard, though.
    Could have been a lot worse, it could have been Van Morrison…
    Got one next week, Gemma Hayes at Oslo, rescheduled from last year, which I’m looking forward to, great singer, haven’t seen her for quite a while, plus the food and beer there is outstanding.
    Another singer/songwriter who I love to bits, and who I’ve not seen for six or seven years has just announced a UK tour in April, dates to be confirmed, Kris Delmhorst is her name, she’s from Massachusetts and has the most wonderful warm voice, and writes beautiful songs, so I’m hoping she’ll play somewhere around Bath/Bristol, it’s a ten-day tour.
    It’s getting so expensive for tickets though, fifteen-eighteen quid at a small, 4-500 capacity venue, and I just can’t afford to go as often now. Wasn’t unusual to have three or four across seven days, including going up to London, but that’s out of the question now. 😐
    I have got tickets for the IOW Festival in June, though; first festival since 1995!

Tom-B
    Free Member

I think that me and Mrs B might get day tickets on Saturday to Download.

I’ve got 10 gigs in my diary that I’m playing this year already, but these days I’d much rather play than watch.

senorj

Ride at Amsterdam too 😉
    Jealous of Mr P, re Nihls Frahm …
    I think I may have to take the laal fella to camp bestival for underworld ………
    If anyone has returns for their tour (sarf east) please shout up……

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

very poor effort from me so far

Supposed to have Jettblack and the Howling (was supposed to be in October ’14, but postponed, then The Howling split and the gig is now on Valentines day, so that’s a no-no!)

Creme de Chèvre & Mr B (an altogether different kind of thing for me) 31st Jan

The Dirty Youth & Fozzy in March

Thunder in March

I should probably check the dates!

Need to get some more booked

Wonder if Sonisphere will happen this year?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Foo Fighters, Old Trafford, May.

Pretty sure New Model Army will be playing somewhere in the next 12 months too.

Chasing Glass, Bad Pool Caller may be doing something too. That’s my bands, both of them.

elliott-20
    Free Member

M I N E R A L !

Can’t believe I’m finally getting to see them after nearly 20 years Bristol and London 🙂 Also can’t quite believe there are a few on here that have heard of them.

Probably see American Football and Tiny Moving Parts/Into It Over It too.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the line up for the gig i saw mineral play was:

mineral
    jimmy eat world
    elliott
    the get up kids

all in a 150 capacity room in a dodgy goth nightclub…

kennyp
    Free Member

Half Man Half Biscuit in Edinburgh in January.

AC/DC in Glasgow in June.

ElShalimo

Black Keys, Leeds in March
    8)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nils Lofgren in Basingstoke.

elliott-20
    Free Member

the line up for the gig i saw mineral play was:

mineral
    jimmy eat world
    elliott
    the get up kids

all in a 150 capacity room in a dodgy goth nightclub…

Now that’s a line up I like.

I missed Elliott when they played London about 2000. I waiting for what seemed like ages for Revelation records to release 1998’s U.S. Songs. Such an amazing album, and I have borrowed their name as my online profile name ever since 😀

spud-face

Chinese Man in London in May (i wanted to see them in Rennes last autumn but faffed too long – if/when they do a hometown gig in Marseilles then I shall make a holiday of it. Earth, death from above (plus turbowolf support), Little Comets in brum, I intend to catch sleaford mods somewhere if possible.

every year I decide I’ll visit parts of the country I’ve not seen (ie most of it) and this year I actually shall, using gigs as my motivation.

a pop-up note on YouTube the other night told me that White Lung were playing in London in may, but I can’t find confirmation anywhere else: anyone else heard of it? (i pretty much pooped myself with excitement at the prospect) [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIaj338JoE[/video]

I’d like to finally see DJ Format at some point, but he never comes to brum so that’ll be a travelly one.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I missed Elliott when they played London about 2000. I waiting for what seemed like ages for Revelation records to release 1998’s U.S. Songs. Such an amazing album, and I have borrowed their name as my online profile name ever since

now to make you mega jealous then- i sat in on several rehearsals when they were writing the songs for that record! the original guitarist jay’s a long time and very good friend of mine…

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’d like to finally see DJ Format at some point, but he never comes to brum so that’ll be a travelly one.

Definitely one to see, saw him at the QMU in Glasgow years ago, Abdominal was great as well.

Honestly not been arsed seeing anything these days, the costs vs venues/band quality rarely make it worth my while, paying Barrowlands prices for club gigs just isn’t on and the prices they want…

Festivals are the same really, even including travel I still get better VFM going to Europe, just not had the opportunity or good lineups the last few years.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Gig Census’ is closed to new replies.