Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Gifts for 1 and 3 year old girls (bad uncle content)
  • unknown
    Free Member

STW I am a bad uncle and I need your help. I missed a niece’s birthday a few weeks ago and I’m about to do it again with another one so I need to come up with some gifts (or a single gift for both of them)pretty sharpish. Needs to be from an online retailer that can deliver quickly, like next day quickly.

I’ve never been either a one year old girl or a three year old girl so I don’t have the faintest idea what they’d like or where to look. HELP!

Sui
    Free Member

Pepper Pig anything from Amazon job done.

lunge

Mr Men prints from John Lewis. £25 each, next day delivery. Job done.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Might have been made for you: http://www.wickeduncle.co.uk/

jekkyl

Books!! room on a broom / gruffalo and gruffs child / any shit like that!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Books are great … but boring mum and dad buy those… you are a cool uncle

So

Pepper Pig or Disney Princesses.

clubber
    Free Member

My 1.5yr old daughter loves this (and has done since 1)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3490813.htm

For the three year old, the Mr Men (or little miss) booksets have been great for my son – got him them about 3.5 and he’s still reading them now aged 5.5

loddrik
    Free Member

64gb iPads….

clubber
    Free Member

Well, on that line of thought, £35ish tablet from Amazon has been great for my son (Install ‘kid mode’ / ‘zoodles’ to make it child friendly.

Allwinner A13 7″ android table

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0099NPR7U/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

binners

Do you not know the rules? Its obvious what you have to buy for other peoples kids 😀

andysredmini
    Free Member

+1 for the kiddi moto curve balance bike.
    My daughter loves hers that her auntie bought her for her 1st birthday.

bigG
    Free Member

As the father of a 3 year old girl I’d suggest –

Peppa pig pyjamas (available all over the place). If the girls like peppa already it’s likely they’ll have these.
    Something to make bathtime fun, water pistol etc.
    If you have more money than sense then a kitchen tower so the girls can stand at the worktop and help out with cooking.
    An easel with a magnet board on one side and a chalk board on the other (buy chalk, magnets as well obviously).
    Tickets to the live gruffalo or peppa pig shows (they are on all year round and all over the place)

let me know if you need more ideas…

razorrazoo

2 young girls here, both love drawing & craft;

All available via Amazon / Early learning Centre

Great jumbo colouring books and stickers from Melissa & Doug (actually just put Melissa and Dough into amazon, there are loads of things which make nice gifts they do).
    Stickers, stickers, stickers
    Washable pens
    Easel (as mentioned by bigG)
    Play Doh

jfletch
    Free Member

As a father of a (nearly) 3 yo girl and a (nearly) 1 yo girl I would say get anything as long as its not pink and made of plastic! Seriously my house does not need any more pink plastic crap.

rocketman
    Free Member

I missed a niece’s birthday a few weeks ago

You’ve done the most difficult part. All you have to do now is forget them every year.

ratherbeintobago

As a father of a (nearly) 3 yo girl and a (nearly) 1 yo girl I would say get anything as long as its not pink and made of plastic! Seriously my house does not need any more pink plastic crap.

This.

However, the easy option is just to buy more Peppa Pig stuff (with which Miss RBIT #1, aged 2y9m, is obsessed).

Playmobil 1.2.3 stuff maybe?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Tinkerbell DVD boxset
    A Barbie
    Skateboard
    Rollerskates
    Balance bike
    My little pony

unknown
    Free Member

Thanks all, some useful ideas and an unusual level of consensus for STW!

ads678

Hello Kitty!

bencooper
    Free Member

Stickers. Stickers are like crack for toddlers, get a big sticker book with lots they can peel out and stick on different pages.

more Peppa Pig stuff (with which Miss RBIT #1, aged 2y9m, is obsessed).

This. Though it’s really funny when a really upset toddler has a tantrum and screams “No, naughty daddy pig!” at you 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

BSA meteor .177.
    Vouchers to have her ears pierced.
    Makeup.
    A pet rat, snake or both.

jfletch
    Free Member

Stickers are like crack for toddlers

This.

johndoh
    Free Member

IT’S PEPPA PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

zippykona

This is a JELLYCAT Bashful Bunny and we sell thousands of them.

ratherbeintobago

This. Though it’s really funny when a really upset toddler has a tantrum and screams “No, naughty daddy pig!” at you

When preventing #1 offspring from doing things she wants eg. writing on the wall in biro I frequently get told “Naughty daddy! Go and sit on the naughty step!”

demonracer

I recently got my 1 year old niece this Play tent everyone laughed at me until they realised how much fun it is …

MrNutt
    Free Member

money, to the parents. and a massive glockenspiel

demonracer

I also got her Bashful Bunny when she was born so that’s a good bet too as it goes everywhere with her.

Susie
    Free Member

We bought my niece this for her 2nd birthday

=http://www.johnlewis.com/worlds-apart-pop-up-tunnel/p230857958]

She loved it and is still playing with it 6 months later. She also had a play tent which she loved. Oh and Peppa Pig.

edhornby

Sticker books, job done

grtdkad

Duplo for the littlun
    Lego for the slightly bigger one

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Hamleys website has a ‘toy finder’ and they do 24 hour delivery

epicyclo

Go into a large toy shop. There will be an aisle that is painfully fluorescent pink.

Put on your sunglasses and go down that aisle and anything that’s at child height will be a winner.

If there’s a harassed looking mother trying to drag a tantruming kid away, then it’s surefire.

Try not to look like Jimmy Saville.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Gifts for 1 and 3 year old girls (bad uncle content)’ is closed to new replies.