Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Giffgaff v three
  • Merak

Im about to end a long (9 year) relationship with Orange pay monthly.

I am going down the sim only route, just wondered if anyone else was using the aforementioned and how they fare.

Cheers

allthegear
    Free Member

I made the same move recently when I bought my iPhone 5…

Three’s 3G network is really quick, much quicker than what I was used to. It seems to be 3G all the time, too, rather than spendingosy of the time in 2G mode!!

I often use the phone as a radio in the car and it rarely drops out, even across rural Norfolk.

Rachel

Merak

Yeah, the internet/3g has a big appeal as Im using that rather than the phone tbh. Its more browsing/texting than phone use.

I love being able to use it as digital radio in the car too.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m on giffgaff, seems fine to me, and obviously much cheaper than o2 that I was with before.

Seemed a no brainer to me, since I wasn’t getting a new phone.

Drop me an email (in my profile) if you decide to go with giffgaff and you want a recommendation (both you and whoever recommends you will get £5 free credit if you do it that way).

Dave

matty456
    Free Member

Yep. Giffgaff works for me too. I was with orange pay monthly £35 a month. Now paying £10 per month.
    Great signal always 3G, O2 network has been reliable so far.

Jamie
    Free Member

spendingosy

That word is elequosious!

scaredypants

my daughter’s on giffgaff – seems fine

I’d be on it too but it doesn’t get a signal at our house (she doesn’t need it at home, I sort of do)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Threes unlimited, and fast, data is the killer deal for me. Very happy with them so far as I use a lot of data bored at work, and I can tether my ipad for £5 a month as well

Merak

Noted Dave ;).

lovewookie

I’m with 3, find it good. rest of the household is with Giffgaff, also good, but have had intermittent network issues.

told 3 I was moving from contract to giffgaff and they matched the £10 deal.

🙂

thekingisdead
    Free Member

How does giffgaff work? I looked at the site the other day and the tarriffs were payg? Would you just buy the ‘goody bag’ every month in leui of a contract?

MadBillMcMad

If you go with giffgaff do it by referral from someone.

& as is implied here but not said giffgaff uses the O2 network.

jota180
    Free Member

How does giffgaff work? I looked at the site the other day and the tarriffs were payg? Would you just buy the ‘goody bag’ every month in leui of a contract?

Depends how much you use it

I just top up a tenner every now and then rather than buy a goody bag
    If you run out of credit on your goody bag, you can top it up just like PAYG or buy another goody bag

thekingisdead
    Free Member

How much is the data when used payg?
    That’s prob where my biggest usage is.

jota180
    Free Member

Have you tried their website?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

What’s a website? 🙂

mrchrispy

12 quid a month for unlimited text and data.
    I usually hit 3-4Gb a month with streaming radio and my donkey smut habit.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Giffgaff v three’ is closed to new replies.