Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Giffgaff sim only contract
  • rhid

Does anyone use this network? They seem to have good sim only deals. Is it a pay as you go with a slight difference or is a contract network?

The description is confusing me a bit!

Anyways is it worth try? My 3 contract in up and I just want a sim deal and for £12 i can get 500mins lots of texts a 3GB of data. I have not seen anything that good else where.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Runs on O2. I’m on it.
    Signal in N Wales is okay. But the signal that is there, isn’t of good quality. Just voice/text. No chance of any internet!

The network itself… no issues! it works as a pay as you go package deal. so you buy minutes and text etc. rather than credit (which you can also put on).
    Can be set to auto-recur. But still free to change what you use each month.

Will send you a referral link off the forum and we both get extra credit!

kcal

Yeas, we use it as a family. Seems to work OK. Like the choice of tariffs, and if you use a bit more data say then can easily switch up (and down again) without penalty.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think it gets a lower % or lower band carrier or some such than proper carriers/services.

I am in areas where it wont work with data but my works phone on EE is fine and is getting 4G

That said i have it for the price.

rhid

Nice one! Refer me! I didn’t think any signal or even mains electricity reached Penmachno…?

Sounds like it will be perfect and by perfect I mean cheap.

iolo
    Free Member

Signal for O2 around Caernarfon area is awful. You hardly get 2g most of the time so you won’t need data.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve been on GiffGaff for 2+ years and use it for business – no problems here.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Giff Gaff = Great, cheap, reliable. Pick three.

🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

OP, was having similar thought with 3 contract ending. Called for my PAC code and they matched the deal.

Underhill
    Free Member

Was with Giff Gaff for 2 1/2 years and it was perfectly acceptable until recently when the data service here really started to lag, though that is reported to be an O2 problem.
    I loved the pricing structure, only pay for what you actually need on a monthly basis and receive credit for referring people.
    Just be aware that there are no call centres, if you have a problem you need to get an answer through their forum. That said, I haven’t had any problems at all until I tried to transfer my number across to 3.
    I’d still recommend them if your primary requirement is calls/texts

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Been on it for years, is cheap as chips until it gets bought out by one of the big boys and run into the ground!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Been on it for years, is cheap as chips until it gets bought out by one of the big boys and run into the ground!

Its already owned by one of the big boys, telefonica of spain, they also own 02

redstripe
    Free Member

We have all used it for years in our household no problem at all. I pay £12 a month and have more than enough for calls/texts/data etc

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve been on it for a couple of years.

Not as good coverage as Vodafone, but a 1/3 of the price.

Happy with it – seems mental to pay £30/40/50 a month on a mobile phone bill.

Del

recently moved from ee. coverage not as good in places you’d expect it to be, but otherwise pretty good. good download speed on 3g, though the new phone is pretty snappy so i expect this helps too, and no 4g coverage in our area, but this just means i’m not paying the extra for 4g coverage.
    like the flexibility.

pk13

I’ve been on it years not one problem.
    Good cover in most areas for voice calls I’ve got 4G with them it’s not the fastest but lots better than 3g

We have 3 phones on it in our house the total a month is £29.

budgierider67

Been with them for about 4 years now. Great value & generally a decent coverage. I find coverage when I visit wales is poor/non-existent though.

crankboy
    Free Member

Another fan been on it for two years I buy a recurring £5 a month bundle calls and texts to other giffgaff are free calls in from other networks add free airtime 1min for 1min . so as my wife is on giffgaff as are my more clued up colleagues I never exceed the £5 . if I get low on airtime I wait for a ppi or injury claim call and keep them talking.

stewbaccason

I’m with giff gaff. Been with them just under 18months.
    Signal is terrible in greater Manchester area. It’s just about usable. No signal at all in my house and takes an age to pick one up outside.
    Stayed with them due to the price… And I’m too lazy to look about.
    Sainsburys have just as cheap tarrifs and piggy back on Vodafone.

rhid

I will give them a go for a month and see. You aren’t tied into contracts so no big deal if it’s not great coverage in wildest north wales!

1timmy1
    Free Member

I was with them for a few years, really liked the payment structure – no nasty big bills because you will just run out of credit if you go over your goodybag. The only reason I changed was because I moved house and reception wasn’t good at the new place.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Giffgaff sim only contract’ is closed to new replies.