Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • giant yukon
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

what are the giant yukon purposes? xc?

light single trail…

i was looking at the giant trance x4 and somebody mentioned to me to take a look at the yukon as a bike that could do pretty much the same for half the price with 4" sus instead of 5"..

thoughts guys?

tron
    Free Member

Which model are you looking at? There are pappy ones with Alivo kit hanging off them, and later ones with full Deore group…

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Really incredibly extraordinarily heavy. Better to save on the components and get a much lighter and better performing frame.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattnuttall
    Free Member

I have the Yukon FX3 2009 it is quite heavy yeah but its a great bike and I cant fault it to be honest. Not failed me yet… Touchwood 😉

Andyhilton
    Free Member

My uncle got one going completely against my advice. They are heavy and not really suited to anything other than a pootle round the TPT.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

yukon fx3 2009 yes…

scaredypants

they look suspiciously like the old style trance – which was is a fantastic bike IMO

are they really that heavy?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

15kgs aparently.. i quite like them.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

the reviews on the net are good, few problems with forks dart. but apart from that. all seem very good!!!

argh!!! £350 for a yukon or £950 for a trance x4 lol what to do?

tron
    Free Member

£600 on a hardtail!

Stevie-P
    Free Member

XTC.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

ive got a hardtail and was thinking of something a little more 'beefier' for moutain riding….

stevemorg2

a friend bought one for a (family) holiday to the Alps last year. It's a bit heavy but I don't think you can complain at the price – you are saving enough to buy a nice light wheelset and still save

dogmatix

2nd hand 2007 trance? bloody great versatile bikes for the money… hack mine around on single track and mini dh runs and it laps it up… you can pick them up for about £450 full build. The Yukon is a heavy single pivot… no match for the maestro trance… you could probably get a second hand 09 trance for a good price…

chakaping
    Free Member

I was searching for Trance Xs for a pal this morning, are you sure you can't get any '09 bikes cheaper?

I know sizes are limited on some, so forgive me if you've already searched thoroughly!

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

no thats fine, the 09 only had Large and 2010 only the trance x4 is in a XL… thanks tho

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘giant yukon’ is closed to new replies.