Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Giant XTC 29er
  • Clink

Interested but frame only – and as usual this only seems to be an option in US. Don’t suppose anyone has seen a medium frame anywhere or knows a friendly Giant dealer?? 😕

singlecrack
    Free Member

Sorry no touching….. 😆 😀

Clink

why I oughta..! 😆

Which lbs did you use then Jerry?

singlecrack
    Free Member

bike-it radstock
    mention my name and you’ll have no chance 😀

rOcKeTdOg

is that a water vole hanging off the saddle?

singlecrack
    Free Member

naaa its a Bicknoller mink skinned and fashioned into a rather sporty saddle bag. 😀

quite rare in fact

duntmatter
    Free Member

The Escape frames are roadified XTC frames. Does this mean the 700c R1 is the effectively a 29er XTC?

Clink

The Escape frames are roadified XTC frames. Does this mean the 700c R1 is the effectively a 29er XTC?

??

Clink

Anyone else?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

No, it is much much thinner with narrower chainstays. Squarewheels cycles currently have a medium XTC 29er that has been reduced quite a lot. details… Ta Daaa

edit: looks like the 29er isnt on the site, give them a call on 01997 421 000 and they can sort you out.

Clink

edit: looks like the 29er isnt on the site, give them a call on 01997 421 000 and they can sort you out.

Cheers – closed for hols – I’ll pop them an e-mail

Clink

Anyone else any ideas??

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Clink – Anyone else any ideas??

you’ve got all the bits so why not buy a frame from one of the zillions of uber niche frame-only manufacturers?

bonesetter
    Free Member

No N9 now?

Clink

you’ve got all the bits so why not buy a frame from one of the zillions of uber niche frame-only manufacturers?

Because I want a light, cheap geared frame with decent handling for long rides/events – the Giant fits perfectly (as does Spec and Scott but also not available frame only here). Apart from Scandal any other suggestions?

No N9 now?

I want to but realistically looking at cash and what I intend to do this year probably not…

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Hi Matt,

Try the Giant Superstore in Bradley Stoke (North Bristol).

Ask for Craig and see what he can do for you.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Personally, I’d recommend a Scandal, though 😉

Clink

I’ll try that – thanks. I thought you might recommend the Scandal! 😀

BTW have you ridden singlecrack’s Giant to compare??

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Clink – Because I want…. cheap…..any other suggestions?

how cheap?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Matt Clinkard in another new frame shocker!!!! 😆

Clink

how cheap?

Preferably £400 or less.

Matt Clinkard in another new frame shocker!!!!

I wouldn’t want to disappoint! You should be more shocked that the intended bike has gears 😯

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Singlecrack is a short ar5e. It’d be like riding a clown’s bike. From what I can gather it’s a particularly harsh ride. Plenty of boxy tubing…

Impressed by the value of the whole bike, mind. It’s a lotta bike for the money.

2p => Might be an idea to buy the whole bike and split it if you can’t get hold of just the frame…?

john_l
    Free Member

Winstanleys have got 09 Kona Big Units for £799. Scandium frame, singlespeed build with 719s, Atlas cranks, Fox floats. Almost worth buying for the frame & flogging the bits you don’t need. My finger keeps hovering over the button but struggling to justify it – already have a 2-9 Unit.

Clink

Ta for that – not convinced by the Big Units. Not ridden one but reviews not all that good – please correct me if I’m wrong though!

john_l
    Free Member

Not ridden one so can’t comment. Really like the Unit though, would think it’s v similar but less portly.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Clink – Preferably £400 or less

if it was me… ashcycles.com, full bike £789.99, take everything off and sell as brand new, alot of people are looking to build 29ers, you’d get your frame for “£400 or less”

or give me £500 and i’ll buy it and give you the frame 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Singlecrack is a short ar5e.

😯

From what I can gather it’s a particularly harsh ride. Plenty of boxy tubing…

NO NO NO the exact opposite its not harsh at all especially considering the boxy tubing

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/xtc-29er-11-40863

there is also a good write up in one of the magazines this month

singlecrack
    Free Member

Clink
    email me and you can have a ride on it to see how it feels.

rootes1

Chumba ?

http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk/hx2_frames.html

it says £499, but apparently it should be £399

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chumba-hx2-updated

Swift?

Or as above buy a complete bike and sell off bits

jools182
    Free Member

What’s the riding position like?
    My old xtc sx was a nice fast frame but I always felt too stretched out on it despite changing stems and saddle position

Clink

Chumba looks nice but probably too harsh for all-day bike (looks like chunky tubes!!). Swift is possibility, but ideally want chainstays 17.3″ or shorter.

2nd hand Niner SIR9/MCR9/Air9 is also on list.

si-wilson
    Free Member

it says £499, but apparently it should be £399

£499 was the old frame price, £399 for the new one. Due to land in the UK in Jan.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Giant XTC 29er’ is closed to new replies.