Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant XTC 29 Composite,long term views?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Looking at the above.Has anyone had one for a while? How’s it holding up? In terms of condition, finish? I am looking at one of these or an XTC 29 alloy frame and building this up.Bearing in mind this frame will see a bit of winter riding.I still have my doubts with carbon!
    Thanx,
    Max

gab344
    Free Member

Have a look here on the mtbr forums

gab344
    Free Member

Oh btw I have a 2011 alloy Giant xtc 29er and it’s been holding up fine.

On a side note I also have a Giant Defy Advanced carbon, the non drive side bearing cup became unbonded after just 6 months frm new. I expected a new frame, however Giant U.K said F*** off, and dealer had glued it back in, got it back a few months ago not realy been out on it much since… Expected better 😕

garlando

My alloy xtc29 snapped on the top tube up by the weld to the seat tube. Giant provided a new frame, apparently they are having loads of frame warranty issues across road and mtb range and are clamping down on issuing warranty frames. Seems a bit ar5e about face to me, they should clamp down on shoddy build and let the warranty sort itself.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Oh,
    Doesn’t sound too positive! Yeah saw that thread on the damaged composite.Just wondered if there are any more out there and experiences?
    Thanx,
    Max

pjm84
    Free Member

Yep also got screwed over by Giant.

Warranty is pi55 poor and generally blanket refusal. I ended up going into correspondence and the final sticking point was the change of component from their branded cheap seat post to a Thomson. Due to the change the warranty was invalid and that was their argument for refusal.

Unofficially though they believed the issue to be flex / paint cracking and a cosmetic problem. They have had a few issues in the past with this and they were confident the frame was fine. They agreed to Xray my frame to verify this on the basis I was happy to retain the original frame. They promised to organise this and ring me back but the promise never materialised and I wasted another month or so until I finally gave up.

Crap service from a big company equals I spend my money elsewhere. I did and so did my mates. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant XTC 29 Composite,long term views?’ is closed to new replies.