Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Giant XCR 1 27.5 Composite Boost WheelSystem – rim tape tubeless process ?
  • iainc

I have a set of these on new bike; they are ‘tubeless rims’and I have TL easy Nobby Nics. Bike came with a bag with blue sticky tape, tubeless valves and core removal tool.

Have ordered some Stans fluid and will give it a go (Tubeless virgin here 🙂 )

Having popped a tyre off last night to look, there is existing blue rim tape on the rims. Do I just use that, or remove it and put the sticky tape that was supplied on instead ?

Cheers

iainc

meant to add, it came tubed, hence questions !

scotroutes

My new DT Swiss wheels came set up with tubeless tape but with tubes installed. 🙄

I’d say that if the tape on the rims matches the tape you’ve been supplied with then you are good to go. If it’s something non-sticky (more like a traditional rim tape) then you’ll have to replace it.

Either way, blow the tyre back up with the tube in and let the tyre seat. Then loosen one bead only, remove the tube, insert the valve (and fluid if you can’t put it through the valve later) and then pump it up.

iainc

Thanks Colin, I suspect it isn’t the proper stuff as it slid round a little when I was popping tyre back on as i noticed valve hole in the tape moved an inch (gotta keep the logo’s lined up, right ? 🙂 )

iainc

aha, STW has answered this before 😳

here

looks like i need to remove the existing blue tape and put the sticky roll one in..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Giant XCR 1 27.5 Composite Boost WheelSystem – rim tape tubeless process ?’ is closed to new replies.