Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • giant vt frame…. any good??
  • renton
    Free Member

just wondering if there are many or any vt owners out there that would care to give me an honest opinion on them!!

are they flexy?

whats the swinger 3 way ike??

there is one on the bay that is going for £295
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-VT1-Trail-Frame-Blue-Silver-Manitou-Superb_W0QQitemZ140329157025QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item20ac4501a1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A3|39%3A1|72%3A1688|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A8|294%3A100

are they worth this or not??

cheers

steve

jackthedog
    Free Member

VTs are good bikes.

Mine is still going strong after 5 years and still feels great. Not the stiffest thing in the world I suppose, but for £300… And the suspension is great. Similar setup to those low-bb’d French things everybody bangs on about.

Ti29er
    Free Member

vt1 and vt2 both shared the same frame but I thnk the suspension was better on the vt1.
    Worth a punt but they weigh about 31lbs and if it’s the blue version, it looks very dated. The creame / camo livery was the best.
    I had a VT2 and being my first bike I enjoyed it – not sure I’d bother today though.
    Tim

JonGW
    Free Member

I just got one off eBay, hopefully it’ll be good!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

A good bike. I had 2.

z1ppy

Have two m8’s with them, 1 & a 2, both have manitou 3way swinger the kit level is the only difference. Both love there bikes & have no interest in changing them. I tried the large and just found it a very long bike. there was a thread the other week on here about a cracked one (not a moan just beaware when you go & pick it up)

z1ppy

Oh and the bearings will probably need changing but youu can pick up the kit online & diy in 30-45 minutes

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not bad…but you may pick up a 2003-7 Heckler for that – much better (I’ve had both)

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Great bikes, had one for about a year and thrashed it pretty mercilessly, the original owner had raced the Mega on it. Not sure its worth £300 though, mine was identical to the ebay one (but smaller) and I was happy to get £200…

Ti29er
    Free Member

I was not aware it was just the frame, meaning it’s the same as the VT2, with none of the choice nice bits.
    I sold my VT2 about 2 years ago for £375 I think, as a whole bike.
    My Pace RC300 only got £318, 2 months ago 🙁

renton
    Free Member

so i take it its notworth the money he is asking then??

Ti29er
    Free Member

In my own opinion: not at that price for just the frame.
    Tim

ps – have you seen the listing? 17 days 15hours to go. This alone tells you he’s got his fingers X-ed!

cynic-al
    Free Member

do a “competed sales” search

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘giant vt frame…. any good??’ is closed to new replies.