Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giant Vt Bar/Stem sizes
  • Mitch36
    Free Member

Hi All
    Haven’t been on here for a few years, but have dragged my VT out of the back of the shed and dusted it off. I remember changing out the bars and stem and it was shite to ride, and still is, so anybody know the dimensions of the original Giant Bar/Stem setup as i’d like to revert to that?
    Cheers
    Mitch

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Depends what size & year it is. I THINK they varied from 60mm stem on the small to a 120mm on the XL. All were OS iirc.
    I ran mine with a 90mm 6degree ride & 25mm rider bars & it rode great. That was an ’04 medium with 120mm travel Marzocchi’s on it

Mitch36
    Free Member

2005 VT1 same as here http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/it/030.000.000/030.000.000.asp?year=2005&model=9927
    Large frame. I just found this site so Babelfish should tell me what i want to know.

Mitch36
    Free Member

Although it doesn’t 🙁

flyingmonkeycorps

Not a clue, but I run mine with a 70mm 5deg rise and low rise bars and it feels pretty good if that helps any. That’s an 05 medium with Revs.

z1ppy

nope, i look earlier… my m8’s both have VT (1 & a 2), both have 100mm+ stem and o/s bars.
    Not going to see either for at least a week, so can’t tell you more, other than the fsa stem cracked on the VT1…

Eggbox
    Free Member

my small VT had at least a 100mm stem on it.

Mitch36
    Free Member

Cheers guys, i have a 100mm 0deg FSA stem with Azonic bars on there at the moment, and it cants me over the front too much for my liking. 100mm with some deg rise and some higher rise bars should cure it, keep your eye on classifieds for FSa stem/Azonic bars 🙂

badblood
    Free Member

go for 90mm 5 degree and wide bars (Easton EA70 risers), mine was a beast to ride (in a good way)very confidence insipring

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giant Vt Bar/Stem sizes’ is closed to new replies.