Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant Trance X ltd or cube ams 125 pro
  • mattyt
    Free Member

Hi.

Im looking at buying my first full sus and narrowed it down to the above two 2011 models

I’ve been looking at the trance x for a while, saw that it got bike of the year (mbr) and have been tempted by the ltd for the entry level fox forks and float. But i’ve recently seen the cube ams 125 pro had have been really impressed not only by its looks but with the quality of components for the price. The cube is listed as a xc/trail bike.

Im looking at doing mostly xc with the occasional trip to Dalby but the lockout on the cubes float and remote on the forks appeal to me when i have to ride on tarmac.

Any advice or feedback would be welcomed

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I couldn’t find a trance x ltd instock anywhere. Ended up buying the 2012 frameset and using my kit.

chojin
    Free Member

I’ve had a cube AMS and they do ride very well, in fact they climb incredibly well in my opinion (better than my Yeti ASR5 does any how), nothing but praise from me here.
    Can’t comment on the Trance, I have never tried one

mattyt
    Free Member

Thanks – i’ve just not read that much about cube and dont know anyone who has owned one.

chojin
    Free Member

The guys at pedalon are great – very helpful in fact. I highly recommend.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I was after a small Trance or I’d have got the LTD, I wanted the RP23 shock so went frame only.

It’s an amazing frame and a brilliant ride.

martymac

ive got a cube ams 130 pro, it rides really well, and like you i was attracted by the spec you get for the price.
    i cant compare it with the giant, as i havent ridden one, but if a major mag is prepared to stake their reputation on saying its bike of the year then it must be pretty good surely?
    try and get a ride of both, then make a decision.

dab

Nice bikes

Been riding a mates trance x2 for 4 weeks

Impressions were very good
    Light weight, fast , very easy on the ups ( never used the pro pedal )

Bigger fork 130mm would be nit picking

I’d happily buy one 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

even on tarmac my trance doesn’t bob so even if I had lockout I doubt I’d use it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance X ltd or cube ams 125 pro’ is closed to new replies.