Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Trance X 2012 replacement Shock
  • doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I’m going to refresh the suspension bearings in my 2012 Trance X4 and the stock Giant air can is sounding a bit gritty on the rebound. It’s been alright really but always thought I’d swap it out at some point. Now its sounding a bit rough I thought I’d try and source a new one.

Which is proving a bit more difficult than i had imagined. Was after a Rock Shock Monarch RT3 184mmx44mm but I can’t find one anywhere. Chain reaction do a cane creek one but it’s neither cheap or nice looking.

Any ideas where I can source a new shock from? Apart from that cane creek one obviously.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Looks like germany is the way to go. Price and availability.

IA

If it takes the same size as a 2008 trance (100mm one) then I have one sat doing nought in a frame i keep failing to remember to sell…

Not sure what size it is, would need to measure later, but it’s a fox RP2.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

don’t think it is according to this
    Giant Spec
    But would have been interested otherwise. Cheers.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve known people run 190 x 50 shocks without too much issue and they are more easily available.

IA

don’t think it is according to this
    Giant Spec

Good find! Ah well, thought I’d offer in case it helped.

You can normally get odd sized shocks direct from TFT or Mojo (call them up) as they can modify the stroke/length to fit. Paying full price though, so not a cheap option. Alternatively, just get it serviced?

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Mojo can do a kashima factory series for £400. Or I can wait for the evolution one to come into stock for £285.

He said, I think you’ll be wanting the Kashima one. think again sunshine. And on scouring the euro sites there are a few options so its fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance X 2012 replacement Shock’ is closed to new replies.