Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant Trance with 140/150 forks
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Looking at getting an 09 trance as I’ve had one before and loved it, and after having a slacker bike, I would like to slacken it out a little if I did get one.

Anyone with experience on 140/150 forks on it. Especially people who upgraded from the stock 120mm travel.

Thanks

jules.b
    Free Member

Great combination , runnig 140mm THORs on mine, makes for a stable desceding bike , still handles well. I needed to flip the stem and lose the cone stem cap to get enough weight on the front wheel – before that it tended to lose traction at the front. Some top spec Trances – the X0 – came with 150mm Fox Forks I think.

househusband

’09 Trance with original Pikes – did feel that with the Fox 120’s there was a bit of an imbalance. Tend to leave them at 125 (same as rear) most of the time and unwind to 140 for what I think younger folk refer to as ‘gnarly’ stuff.

cakefacesmallblock

Running my 08 Trance ( which was 100mm both ends) with 140mm Reveletion rlt. Turned a reasonable bike into a really good one for general trail abuse. Admittedly running a 70mm straight stem and taking the cone spacer off the headset, I did take a ride or two to get used to really sitting on the saddle nose on steep ups, but that done really enjoy the downs now. Much more stable, yet still steers well.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Running 150mm revs on mine – can be a bit light at the front end on really steep climbs but nothing major. More than makes up for it on the downhills. Ran 140mm vans before and 130 floats before that… All have been great but the 150mm are defo staying put.

Mike-E

Yes, have a 2009 Trance X with Pikes and it’s really well balanced. Would like to try some adjustable 150s on it – think that would be the optimum.

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve got Revs on my 2010 trance x. Works well at 130 or 140, starts to get a bit ungainly at 150 (but unstoppable downhill!)

proutster
    Free Member

Revelation RLTs spaced down to 140mm on mine – had Sektor RL U-turn 110-150mm on it previously and never changed them from 140. Have a 50mm stem and 780mm bars on it as well and it’s a cracker going downhill and I get by going uphill….

jambon
    Free Member

As an ex-Trance owner (’05 model) I was wondering if the head tubes on Giant’s allowed the use of angle reducer Headsets a la Works Components?
    A Trance with 140mm forks and 2º slacker HA would be a beast!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Agree with all the above. Sector and rev at 150 it was too wandery. Rev at 140 with stem slammed it still climbs ok and descends far better. The F120 it came with is quite a noodly fork.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance with 140/150 forks’ is closed to new replies.