Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant Trance back end movement
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I have a 2007 Giant Trance which has been regularly used and has been self serviced, other than things like wheel truing etc. However Ive just noticed that if I put my hand on top of the rear wheel, and pull up on the saddle, there is a definite movement from the back end, like a bit of play which Im sure shouldnt be there. Is there anything self servicable or does it need attention from the LBS?

bonfield-jones
    Free Member

shock bush

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

as above. mine is doing the same after about 5 months… i should swap the bushes, but i'm lazy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikewhisperer
    Free Member

If you can feel a clunk when lifting it and dropping it then it's the shock bushings, however a side motion shouldn't be due to them.
    Disconnect the shock and give the rear end a good old wiggle in a solid workstand. If any of the bearings are rough or loose then replace all of them.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Clunk when lifting saddle is shock bushings and cheap to replace. Sideways sounds like bearings and 2 years is about right to change them

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Mine was doing the same. LBS replaced top shock eyelet and bushes for £12 and it is as new again. Easy to remove shock yourself and check for rough bearings at the same time…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance back end movement’ is closed to new replies.