Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Giant Trance 2 2017
  • dougiedogg
    Free Member

Hi there, just wondering your thoughts on the Trance 2, I can get 10% off at my local shop with discount through work.

It looks great, anyone have one or the previous model?

Also I’m 6’1, is the giant sizing chart correct in that I should get a large?

Cheers

plecostomus
    Free Member

XL size and then put a wider bar on it and a shorter stem

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Er, sit on any trance at the local shop?

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Yes I did, a medium with no peddles lol. It was on Monday so the guy who deals with sizing wasn’t in.

deviant
    Free Member

I have a medium and I’m 5′ 9″

You’ll be wanting at least a large, good bike though.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 4 and have a XL. It’s plenty big enough. Seeing as your only 6ft 1 I’d go for a L.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Good advice guys thanks, just waned to make sure the size charts, shop guy and owners agreed on size.

ogden
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 9-10 and I have a medium 2015 trance sx and it fits perfect but I have a medium giant defy 0 road bike and it feels a tiny bit small! Always best to sit on something first

hrgb
    Free Member

I had last years trance in L and wished I had gone XL – I am just over 6 ft.

The new model has a slightly longer reach IIRC but I’d go XL if I was you. I am now on an XL stumpjumper…

eshershore
    Free Member

It was on Monday so the guy who deals with sizing wasn’t in.

that’s pretty messed up – bike shop has 1 member of staff who can size customers to bikes they sell…

thomthumb
    Free Member

Good advice guys thanks, just waned to make sure the size charts, shop guy and owners agreed on size.

no idea where you’re going but the giant shop i visited followed the sizing chart religiously. which would be ok if giant US didn’t have an extra size and a different sizing chart. The internet and most buyers seem to agree with the US chart too. (2016 reign)

just a note to have a look at charts and don’t be too swayed.

STATO
    Free Member

esher shore – Member

It was on Monday so the guy who deals with sizing wasn’t in.

that’s pretty messed up – bike shop has 1 member of staff who can size customers to bikes they sell…
    [/quote]

And you bike shop staffers will still tell us we should be supporting LBS and get wound up when we point out they are often rubbish 😆

dougiedogg
    Free Member

Hey folks, thanks for the replys, its a small bike shop in Newry N. Ireland, it was a holiday on Monday after all and in fairness to the guy (owner I think) he did say that he wouldn’t sell me a bike without it being right.

From what you guys have said I’ll go in with the L size in mind as this matches the size charts/what you have said/ own opinion.

I’m going in tomorrow, the 10% discount he’s offering to employees of where I work is too much to pass on.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 9-10 and I have a medium 2015 trance sx and it fits perfect but I have a medium giant defy 0 road bike and it feels a tiny bit small!

inneresting as I’m 5’10 and have a Contend (this years name for the alloy Defy range). I’m slap bang in the middle of the height range for medium on their chart, I own the medium and reckon I’m right on the upper limit and no way would it fit up to 6’0 or whatever their maximum is.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance 2 2017’ is closed to new replies.