• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IA.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Giant trance
  • steveo48
    Free Member

Could someone shed some light on differnces of a Giant trance, trance x, anthem, anthem x. And the various models, ie X1,2,3 etc. is it just spec of componets?

skywalker
    Free Member

Try this.

alex7147
    Free Member

anthem is the 100mm travel

trance is the 120mm travel

anthem x1 is xt
    trance x1 is xt

look up the rest on the giant website.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anthem was 90mm travel I believe, Anthem X is 100mm and a wee bit slacker.

The Trance was 100mm travel, The Trance X is 120mm I think.

The numbers signify the spec level, lower = better.

steveo48
    Free Member

Thanks chakaping, at last a sensible answer.

tomaso
    Free Member

X0 is top of the range and the higher the number the cheaper the price point and the lower the spec.

Anthem 100mm XC race thang (4 inch)
    Trance 125mm ‘trail’ bike (5 inch)

skywalker
    Free Member

X0 is top of the range and the higher the number the cheaper the price point and the lower the spec.

Except its not, the Trance/Anthem Advanced SL 0 is the top of the range.

cakefacesmallblock

Trance X and Anthem X from (I think) 2009. Anthem up til then was 80mm and Trance 100mm. From then on as the “x” in both cases 100mm and 120mm. I have a 2008 Trance , the actual rear travel is 106mm and although it began life as 100mm up front is quite happy with 130mm.

Superficial
    Free Member

The ‘x’ means more travel (I.e. a Trance X has more travel than a Trance but less than a Reign) and the 0/1/2/3 is just levels of componentry.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Superficial +1
    That is a clear and concise definition.

dab

Stevo

I rode a 2011 trance x2 for 4 weeks whilst the owner was posted offshore
    Thoughts below

Fast , light , well spec’d for the cash

Low points , split cable routing , needs a 130-140 fork , no iscg tab
    Most of this is fixable, upgrade fork , re do cables , shadow mech with clutch

I’m buying an x1 after the ski season, bloody good value spec and no SRAM bits
    Will get the fork upgraded@ point of purchase And order the rws needle bearing upgrade for the rear shock

There’s some good threads on mtbr.com ,start here

http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/trance-x-pics-thread-365449.html

Good warranty back up, lots of dealers offering keen prices , can’t go wrong with a Giant 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

Everything you read about them online says they’re under-forked, I just wonder why Giant haven’t addressed this?

dab

Superficial
    The x0 gets a 140 talas
    Agree they should bump all the range up to a longer fork

IA

Not sure about the longer fork thing, depends how you like a bike to ride and the use. I put a 120mm on my trance and it was better for some stuff, worse for others. Probably better overall *for my riding*. Anyhow, off the back of that, i’ve an 08 trance frame for sale in XL if anyone’s interested, and some 120mm maxle reba teams to go with it (can be spaced down to 100). < end shameless plug >

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Giant trance’ is closed to new replies.