Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Giant Talon 3W
  • xcentric
    Free Member

as title, new (or 2011 model in sales) or is there a better new or s/h option – needed in small, for SHMBO…..
    recent post discussing options for wife threw up some options, and this was recommended today – seems an ok spec for an ok price (£420 for 2011 model).

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I have a 2010 Giant Talon 1. Most of the kit on it was reliable – the majority of which is now on a commuter bike. The Giant frame now has lots of better quality parts on it and they’ve only made an already fun bike better.

If the women’s version’s anything like the men’s then it’s highly recommended.

timc
    Free Member

my girlfriend has a 2010 Talon 2w, she loves its & its a pretty good value bike.

Frame is nice & light, great base for upgrades, nice geo, can’t go wrong i think

tyredbiker
    Free Member

I’ve got a talon 2 w and it’s been a great little bike. The wheels are quite heavy (mostly the rims) and the brakes have needed one bleed last summer and probably due for a another. I also got a set of recons in there fairly sharpish as the suntours were awful. I’m just getting it the the point that everything should be getting upgraded. I would highly recommend it as a confidence giver and for xc but the geometry isn’t great for overly techy downhill sections or jumping as I’ve found it tends to thrust your weight forward.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Giant Talon 3W’ is closed to new replies.