Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant Ridesense – long term users, opinions ?
  • iainc

I have had one of these for a few months, as it came fitted to my new Defy, and mixed views. Lots of faff at setup with the cadence magnet on pedal and clearances etc, and found the other day that it had moved a little and was rubbing chainstay, thankfully just a bit of lacquer which I have nailvarnished over.

Anyway, remounted with thinner rubber backing and a little more clearance as recommended by eshershore in a previous thread and will keep an eye on it.

I am about to order the Garmin cadencce and speed sensors for other bike and understand I can setup my Garmin 500 for 2 bike profiles, one for the Defy with Ridesense and the other on my CDF with the Garmin sensors.

I may however get rid of the Ridesense pedal cadence magnet and just get a second garmin setup for the Defy if it is likely to be better and more robust than the Giant version ? Kinda loathe to do so as removing the Ridesense leaves an ugly gap in the frame !

wait4me

No bother here. Worked 100% from day one with my 500.

hunty155
    Free Member

Worked brilliantly for me on my tcr. I can recommend using sugru to attach the cadence magnet. Looks slick. Fit and forget. The newer accelerometer based garmin sensors are naff. I have the cadence on my winter bike. I binned the speed sensor because it can’t measure increases in speed any better than a gps alone. and the cadence sensor is very slow compared to the giant one. But I stick with it!

iainc

^^ sugru is a brilliant idea – gets rid of the zip ties and removes likelihood of it slipping down – will get some, cheers !

did you take the rubber backing off the magnet to make it thinner first ?

hunty155
    Free Member

I think I just stuck a very thin layer of sugru on the back then built it up around the sides. Been going strong for 2 years!

iainc

Thanks, will that too, cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant Ridesense – long term users, opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.