Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant ridesense… any good, worth using ?
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Just picked up a new roadie, Giant TCR Pro (which is fantastic btw) and it’s got the ridesense transmitter on it. Now, I’ve read it’s ant compatible so wuold work with my Garmin. Question is, would using the magnet on the wheel give me a more accurate speed reading than gps ? Overall, is it any good? Not sure I’d use the cadence monitor but could it benefit me being a rider keen on getting some improvements to my fitness this year ? Thanks

TiRed

I use mine for cadence and it works fine. Ia also use the speed sensor, and it supposedly adds accuracy. They talk to a Garmin as any other ANT sensor

The sensor can be a little sensitive to precise magnet placement. I use the bontrager cadence magnet, which is a lot neater. I also like the Cateye speed magnets.

iainc

I like mine and the cadence is handy. Magnet mounting on the crank is a PITA, I posted on here about it a year back and eventually cut the back off it and mounted it with Sugru – worked perfectly and much neater than original fit.

I have suffered knee pain for years and the cadence readout has helped a lot as I now keep my average at 90 or above, as spinning is better for my knees.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Re the cadence magnet, buy a small pedal axle magnet from eBay and then fit to the inside of the crank with number plate sticker. Much more stealthy than cable ties.

milleboy
    Free Member

[/quote]Re the cadence magnet, buy a small pedal axle magnet from eBay and then fit to the inside of the crank with number plate sticker. Much more stealthy than cable ties.

+1

whatgoesup

Ridesense is great – just like the garmin equivent but more neatly pacmaged. More sensitive to wheel magnet placement and power than the Garmin though.
    My cadence magnet is stuck to the end of the pedal axle which is steel so no glue needed it holds itself there by magic (OL, magnetism)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant ridesense… any good, worth using ?’ is closed to new replies.