Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Giant Reign or On One Codeine
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

another – albeit older Reign on fence!

when the time come, I’ll be straight after another!

sofabear
    Free Member

ahwiles – Member

looking at new bikes because you’re not happy with the ‘feel’ of yours is perfectly sensible.

but choosing the new bike on the basis of internet suggestions is a bit daft, especially considering the main reason you’re looking.

yes, i’m talking about test rides.

(by all means, ask the internet for a short-list)

fwiw, i demo’d a Codeine, and my wallet spontaneously exploded.

Agree wholeheartedly. I won’t be buying without a test ride on this occasion but getting a short list together is tougher than it should be, #firstworldproblems. 🙂

honourablegeorge – Member

fizik – Member
    I only ever get compliments about how my codeine rides, including how light it and poppy it feels but then it is the *better* 29er version

29er Codeine, especially in blue, is far nicer looking than that godawful 27.5 one[/quote]

Nah, in the flesh the 27.5 in both Sea Foam green and graphite and black look waaaay better than the 29er. 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

FWIW our recent MatesRace ‘event’ was won by a Codeine 29er.

To be fair, the reign has numerous top-10 EWS finishes!

CheesybeanZ

To be fair, the reign has numerous top-10 EWS finishes!

Do you mean numerous top ten riders on reigns had top 10 ews finishes , pretty sure the bike couldn’t get out the van on its own .

wrecker
    Free Member

Bit picky?
    What about this;

FWIW our recent MatesRace ‘event’ was won by a Codeine 29er.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I always thought a reign was overkill for S Hills and then I scratched an itch on a spesh demo day last year and rode an enduro for a laugh (yes, I know its not an giant!) – loved it 😉

Still reckon that a stumpy/camber evo/trance is a better call though but maybe you are a much more ballsy rider than yours truly!

sofabear
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

I always thought a reign was overkill for S Hills and then I scratched an itch on a spesh demo day last year and rode an enduro for a laugh (yes, I know its not an giant!) – loved it

Surely you need a minimum of 160mm to properly enjoy BKB? 😉

Still reckon that a stumpy/camber evo/trance is a better call though but maybe you are a much more ballsy rider than yours truly!

Only by accident. 😀 If my wheels are off the ground it usually means they’ve been replaced with my a*se. 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Most of the testing was actually on pitch! Its a slight digression but I was amazed at how easy climbing was on the enduro. I did push the descent a bit hard and had one scary moment though!!

on a serious note, have you ruled out a trance or a stumpy (evo!)?

rickon
    Free Member

My 29er Enduro has 430mm chain stays vs 434mm on the Reign.

Yep, Specialized have made incredibly short stays on the Enduro. The 650b is 422mm!

434mm is still short though. Have a look at 26ers.

sofabear
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Most of the testing was actually on pitch! Its a slight digression but I was amazed at how easy climbing was on the enduro. I did push the descent a bit hard and had one scary moment though!!

on a serious note, have you ruled out a trance or a stumpy (evo!)?

Pretty much, yes, but only because they’re appear too similar to my Meta which I’ll be keeping hold of. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Giant Reign or On One Codeine’ is closed to new replies.