Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Giant Reign 2 vs Santa Cruz Butcher vs ?? to replace a Pitch
  • 13thfloormonk

So having had my Pitch stolen by some Crystal Meth addicts (no everyday junkies over here!) I’m now saving for a replacement in the spring.

I liked the Pitch as I was confident treating it like a bit of DH bike (Whistler, North Shore, Innerliethen etc) but could still climb respectably on it, I guess ‘all mountain’ is what I’m trying to say.

Obvious choice is an Enduro but they’re a good bit pricier than the Reign or the Butcher ($2400 vs. $3000 odd). Butcher looks cool but is basically a single pivot, just wondering how that will react to my hamfisted braking into, through and out of the corner technique.

Anything else?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Remedy. Climbs brilliantly. Descends even better, looks good, feels good.

Cheezpleez

I have an older Reign with 160 forks and it’s very good. Someone posted a pic of a Pitch lookalike made by another brand a while back but I can’t remember what it was.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

In fact, depending on how your savings are going there’s a remedy in the classifieds right now for £1300 which is a great price if it’s a good condition bike.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Santa Cruz have dropped the Butcher, may make the choice easier!

v666ern
    Free Member

Someone posted a pic of a Pitch lookalike made by another brand a while back but I can’t remember what it was.

i claimed the vitus escarpe but got shot down…

http://www.vitusbikes.com/mountain-2012/escarpe-1-2012

chakaping
    Free Member

Reign is more like the Stumpjumper Evo than Enduro.

150mm travel + 32mm stanchion fork.

I’d get an Enduro though, assuming you live in Canada.

JCL
    Free Member

Enduro or a Stumpy Evo with a 160mm fork. Reigns are too steep and heavy for their travel.

13thfloormonk

I am in Canada, but it seems the Enduro is significantly more expensive than the Reign or the Butcher (discontinued? Thought it had just been released! I’m behind the times…).

Not in the market for upgrading either, has to be stock.

Thought the reign was 67.5 degrees, isn’t that slack? Wonder what the Pitch was…

JCL
    Free Member

The HA measures 66 even with a 160mm Lyrik on the Enduro yet climbs well due to 74+ seat.

What about this; http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1227324/

sv

Vitus Sommett?

Looks very nice!

kudos100
    Free Member

Go for the reign, great bikes.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Giant Reign 2 vs Santa Cruz Butcher vs ?? to replace a Pitch’ is closed to new replies.