Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giant Propel
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

I think a couple on here have the Propel so was just wondering what long term experience is like?

I test rode one 18 months ago and found it to be pretty good however had some issues with the front brake which put me off. Has this been sorted or do you still need to budget for adding the Fouriers brakes?

Was initially looking at the Advanced Pro range however the Advanced 0 has caught my eye a bit in terms of value – £2150 with ultegra di2…what is the catch? In terms of frame is there much difference between the standard Advanced and the Pro? Is it the quality of the carbon used?

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve also been considering one of these and would be interested in any views.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Advanced is the better quality carbon. And incredibly good it is, too!

Propels are fast as ****. Not least because the brakes aren’t very good. If you’re a smooth fast rider however, they’re glorious.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i guess its the same between Cannondale SuperSix and Super Six HiMod, or Santa Cruz with Carbon or Carbon C,

the canyon aeroad looks great at about £3.2k

Pooley
    Free Member

I’ve had the Advanced SL1 for 2years now, no issues whatsoever. It came with Zipp 404s, I had a pair of Mavic R-sys, which I mostly used. Brake pads, I used Swiss stop yellow, on both wheels. Because of the difference in rim width, brake fettling, was necessary. (Exalith machining, coating screech for a break in period). Last summer I bought a pair of 202’s and now with grey Zipp pads, good braking is now even better. Wet or dry. I do long rides, sportives, Alpine, circuit races, hill climbs. HTH

benji
    Free Member

@dirtyrider that looks like the kind of bike that would escape out your shed at night and murder you in your sleep, there is a certain sinister look to it.

The propel brakes can take a certain amount of fettling to get right, but once sorted they are ok.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had the AdvPro for 6weeks last year in the summer. Blooming nice ride, stiff, fast and a great rolling out bike. I’ve become a fan of high end Giant bikes and if in the market for a Propel then the d get one.
    Hasn’t crazylegs got one???

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice aren’t they. Advanced and Advanced Pro are the same frame, Pro has a lighter all carbon fork/steerer.

Propel SL is different carbon all round.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I think i could live with not having the all carbon fork/steerer as it would mean di2 would be in budget with enough left over for a power meter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giant Propel’ is closed to new replies.