Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Overdrive System
  • zippykona

How does it differ to normal stuff? If i get an Anthem can i use my vast supply of normal stems and bars to tailor the fit?

nigelb001
    Free Member

The newer Anthems have Overdrive 2 which has a taper from 11/2 to 11/4 so no getting replacement stems is a pain, I don’t think many stems are available except from Giant. My 2011 Anthem uses Overdrive 1 and has a 11/2 to 11/8 taper which is altogether more sensible.

rOcKeTdOg

The incompatibility of there system is one reason I bought a SCSL instead of a Giant. Plain daft

zippykona

That’s what I thought. All that R&D and they lose a sale because I can’t change the stem. Shall go back to the Santa Cruz option.
    Its just a little bit upsetting that I can get a complete anthem for a little bit more than a SC frame.

rOcKeTdOg

How tall are u? Come on a nwalps ride and try it out if u fit/want

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is a bit of a pain. Giant and Ritchey are the only ones who seem to do stems to fit but the latter can be tricky to get hold of.

Wonder if you can get a shim from 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 so that stems designed for non-tapered 1 1/2 steerers fit?

Edit: Syntace also do them (F119) and I think Pro may do them too.

nigelb001
    Free Member

My son has a Cannondale RZ with non-tapered 1 1/2 steerer, there are a few aftermarket stems around for this at least, but choice is still fairly limited. I wouldn’t buy a bike with non-standard stuff on it as I like to mess around with components and am choosy with my stems 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Overdrive System’ is closed to new replies.