Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giant overdrive 2 Stems..
  • renton
    Free Member

Apart from giant do anyone lese make stems for the Overdrive 2 system?

Where can you buy them?

mrblobby
    Free Member

New Zipp ones coming out later this year (here). Feb 2015 apparently. Specialized did one with a shim too, not sure they still do it though.

cokie

Stop advertising! 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Syntace do, as do Ritchey IIRC.

honourablegeorge

Wiggle had Chromag ones a while back

TiRed

Ritchey do them and there is a seller on Ebay from a shop in Plymouth. Pro (Shimano) have been promising them and of course supply Giant Shimano Alpecin, but you can’t buy them!

The Ritchey one is lovely, but I ordered the 100mm stem to match my bars, but the geometry wasn’t exactly the same so ended up with 110 Contact Giant and now a 115 full carbon Contact slr. I’ve shimmed the 110mm for another bike.

renton
    Free Member

Advertising?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do Syntace still do theirs? Couldn’t see it on their website when i looked for it a few months back. Think they may have dropped it.

As for Ritchey, the last time I looked it was only the super expensive Superlogic Carbon one they still did that’d fit. Edit… looks like they do the WCS 4-Axis too.

Kryton57

Where are using seeing these Ritchey OD2 Stems – I could do with a light one for my 29er…

mrblobby
    Free Member

They’ve got them on the Ritchey website but good luck finding ones in the usual stores. May be able to ask your LBS to order one? German stores maybe worth a try? (like this one)

Giant carbon jobbie here but doesn’t seem any lighter than an alu stem.

Have you weighed your current one? Will likely be a lot of cash for a very small saving.

renton
    Free Member

Nah Im buying a Giant trance which has overdrive 2 and wasnt sure how Id go about geting a shorter stem for it if the original is to long!

EDIT: Pedalon seem to stock the giant ones for not much money so thats cool !

plus-one

I got my ritchey 1.25 stem from bike de ..

Best price/stock I could find of them 🙂

khani
    Free Member

I bought an 80mm FSA stem off eBay that turned out to be OD2 sized that came with a shim to fit 1.18th steerers..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giant overdrive 2 Stems..’ is closed to new replies.