Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Giant Frame warranty process ?
  • iainc

My 3 month old Anthem SX is out of alignment at the back. I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a few mm less tyre clearance on the NDS seatstay but thought it was probably the tyre. I tried it the other night with wheel on and no tyre and it was still out, so tonight took the rotor off and tried wheel other way round as thought dishing could be out. No, still same. So then rechecked with a string round head tube and dropouts and measured carefully string to centre of seat tube each side and the NDS is 2.5mm closer in than DS.

Will take it to LBS who supplied it tomorrow. I’m expecting that they will likely have to strip it down and send frame to Giant UK ? for checking and then replace either the rear triangle or full frame under warranty ?

It hasn’t been crashed, or even dropped and it’s immaculate as only been ridden a dozen times max, so not anticipating any hurdles.

Anyone who has been there able to advise if this is likely approach and any ideas on possible timings ?

I’m sure I’ll get answers from shop tomorrow but keen to be as prepared as possible.

iainc

oh well, it’s in the car for dropping off later this morning…

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was reading Santa Cruz’s warranty info for one of the SP frames, and it was saying those frames look misaligned when static due to the design, it was to do with preloading the bearings once you’re one it, along those lines.

No idea if this is a feature of other manufacturers, but a possibility?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Giant took about 6 weeks to replace the rear mech cable stop on my road bike, don’t expect a fast turnaround

iainc

thegreatape – unfortunately not – my mate was riding behind me last night and could see it as out of line.

steve – that’s disappointing, I was hoping maybe a few weeks, will see what shop says about it but I’m assuming its up to Giant once they get the frame back for inspection…

Bike is 10 weeks old and I have ridden it 8 times

Just as well I have my Soul 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

To be fair they never even queried the claim or how it happened

andermt
    Free Member

I had a full frame warranty replacement with Giant a few years back.

Service was excellent.

As I couldn’t get to the shop with the bike when it failed (cracked frame) I sent som pictures, they forwarded them onto Giant, who approved the replacement within a day or so and the new frame was at the dealer a few days later. When I got back with the bike a week or so later everything was swapped over whilst I waited.

I would mention that this was all done for free for me but the warranty doesn’t include swap over costs so it would be down to your dealer for that aspect.

iainc

thanks that’s encouraging. I noticed something wrong on mine about a month ago, but messed around changing tyres etc and then wondered if a wheel issue, so given that it’s never been dropped or crashed and looks totally mint after only a handful of rides, I’m not expecting any challenges as it’s pretty clear it came like that.

Just wondering what process will be and whether they’ll swop entire frame or just back end or what …

jate
    Free Member

I had my Anthem frame replaced under warranty a few years ago.
    I sent the stripped down frame back (although I left the shock and bottom bracket installed).
    Excellent service.
    Took a couple of weeks.
    As the new one came with a tapered headtube, my steerer wouldn’t have fitted so the shop fitted an adapter foc. They also swapped over the shock and bottom bracket as I recall (certainly don’t remember doing any of that myself!).

munrobiker
    Free Member

My experience with a cracked 2009 Anthem X was the same as andermt’s- sent photos, new frame within the week.

iainc

thanks jate,

Have just dropped it at the shop and they’ll pop it in a jig and see what they reckon

iainc

well, just been back to shop. Frame was on a jig and 1.5mm out, so just within tolerance. Wheel was 2.5 mm out of dish, so they have redished and all looks pretty central. I guess they may have ‘overdished’ the wheel, but I’ll never know until I have to replace the rear wheel I guess.

Anyway, bike back for sunny riding 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned about your mate that can see a frame misaligned by 2.5mm, is he Neo from the Matrix?.

😆

iainc

Nobeer – to be fair, if you add the 2 effects it’s 4mm 🙂 and yes, just about NEO – Pete from GMBC !

– gratuitous piccys from the crap weather ride too :

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Giant Frame warranty process ?’ is closed to new replies.