Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Dropper Post – side to side play
  • gdm4

Any one ideas how to stop the internal post side to side play on the Giant Contact Switch dropper post. I’ve serviced the whole thing by taking apart cleaned it all and replaced the cable etc but can’t seem to separate the inner and outer posts to see why there is so much play. Any one similar issues and found a solution? Cheers.

rp16v
    Free Member

They do have slight “twist” play in them not known any to slack the whole post side to side if u can remove the collar it should allow u to fully strip down the inner\outers

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Is it the new version or the older first gen one?

gdm4

I think it’s the new version (maybe 18 months old). I’ve removed the collar but the inner post won’t come out of the outer tube.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

You can only undo the collar from the top.

Get a pair of needle nose pliers on the bottom and turn it counter clockwise to undo. This will bring the cartridge out and you can give it a full strip down and clean.

The cartridge is sealed though so if the play is in the cartridge you’ll have to replace the whole unit. Most likely the play is in the top bushing though.

The giant post is great, but I’ve yet to see one that hasn’t had some play in it.

julzm
    Free Member

I had one replaced on warranty for the exact same issue, about 4 months ago.

gg14
    Free Member

My 2014 trance advanced 1 seatpost also has some play in it. Quite annoying but not unbareable.

hainman
    Free Member

IVE HAD MY SEATPOST 2 YEARS NOW,IT HAS PLAY WHEN I GRAB THE SADDLE AND TWIST GENTLY,I HAVE HAD TO STRIP IT ONCE OR TWICE AS THE HYDRAULIC PART CAME LOOSE FROM THE SEATPOST.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Dropper Post – side to side play’ is closed to new replies.