• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Giant dropper post… any good ?
  • renton
    Free Member

I’ve got the chance to buy a new giant dropper post at a good price but was wondering if they are any good really.

Cheers
    Steve

richardthird

There was a thread last week. Consensus was iirc, not quite as good as a reverb, but alright for the money.

batman11
    Free Member

I take it your not buying the dropper post for the trance your trying to sell buddy?

Bregante

renton – mate, what on earth are you doing? 😆
    http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1722389/

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wait, is that this one?

Duuuuuuude!

renton
    Free Member

Stick to the topic please gents.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They’re very good value for money. Just make sure you buy the right size…..

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Stick to the topic please gents.

*bites lip*

Here you go, from a few days ago:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/giant-dropper-posts-any-good

chambord
    Free Member

No matter how giant the post is it’ll never make that frame big enough

renton
    Free Member

Bravo chambord bravo !!

iainc

I picked up new Anthem SX today and have had a play with post (and everything else 🙂 ) . not ridden in earnest, but action seems smooth and positive. Not as slick as my Reverb on other bike but first impressions good. Had to shorten the inner an inch and its a bit fiddly getting an end cap crimped under the lever.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I had a MKI on my previous Trance and it was reliable and more than good enough. There was a bit of lateral play , but not so you’d notice while riding. I think that for the money they are a decent option. I’ve now gone with KS Lev from Germany which came in at £215 delivered. I have to say the quality is a step up from the Giant, but so is the price. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the Giant dropper.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is this the Giant Contact Switch we’re on about?
    I had a 2013/14 model in recently. i thought it was a bit crap. A good idea poorly executed. Lots of play. Cable operated and the cable is right in line to catch loads of crud, which affects it badly. And you have to remove the saddle to change the cable. The ‘spring’ part is a totally sealed throw away unit. Yes, you can have it either way up and change the cable routing which is great, but once it’s gone, you’ve got to replace it. We had to get one via Giant from the Netherlands. Fairly quick to arrive though.
    I wouldn’t bother if it’s the same one I’ve had in bits a few times…..

renton
    Free Member

£95 quid new though delivered for a 2015 version that can be internal routed

hooli

£95 quid new though delivered for a 2015 version that can be internal routed

Do you have a link please? I was looking at these a few weeks back but didn’t get around to buying anything.

renton
    Free Member

It’s a deal I’ve worked out with a lad locally mate sorry.

batman11
    Free Member

As long as it’s a 30.9 seat post size go for it. At least as when you do sell your frame/bike of the seat tubes is bigger you can buy shims to fit.

renton
    Free Member

Batman11 🙄

renton
    Free Member

Fitted …….

Seems sweet enough.

iainc

Well played. Second decent ride on Anthem today, this time with dropper lever on right, which suits me better. Works well in practise, whilst slower than my reverb does the job without fuss.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Giant dropper post… any good ?’ is closed to new replies.