Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Defy Headset
  • fathomer

I have a 2014 Defy Composite with an Overdrive steerer. I’d like to lower the stem a bit to play with position. Problem I have is the headset top bearing cover is a 25mm conical one like the below.

Could some point me in the right direction of what I need to buy to replace it. I’ve read that any 1 1/8th integrated headset top cup should work?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I had one of those on my Giant Anthem. I replaced it with a shallower carbon top cap though I forget the make.

TiRed

Flip your stem first. You may need a slightly shorter one to maintain reach once they are lower. A half to one cm would be typical. You won’t need to swap topcap.

fathomer

Cheers chaps.

Looked at the carbon ones but there not for sealing the bearings unfortunately.

Stems already flipped, maybe I should just ride it, it just felt weird coming off my winter bike which is actually the same stack height, though thinking about it is 10mm longer. Which would explain it I suppose!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone found one of these with less stack?

according to the fit i need my stem directly onto the spacer, but i had a raceware di2 junction spacer below my stem which i now need to removed,

TiRed

You could use a -10 degree stem. My Thomson is just this. That will drop another cm. Not a he best look on a compact frame, but very pro 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i need a new stem anyway, the fit suggested an 80mm and the ENVE one is 100mm at the moment, so only – 6 degrees,

so what drop would i need?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Defy Headset’ is closed to new replies.