Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant Defy 1 or Felt Z85
  • rhid

Today I will almost certainly buy one of these two road bikes! Before I bite the bullet though does one of them offer more than the other? I like them both, spec looks very similar, they both look almost exactly the same and they are very similarly priced!

Giant defy 1 – http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/giant-defy-1-2014.html?gclid=CJeOw6y9v8ACFYrpwgodp2kAbw

FELT Z85 – http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Felt-Z85-2014-Road-Bike_67303.htm

Which one should I buy!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Giant will have better resale value and is not from tredz. See recent thread on their customer service.

Also the defy is generally agreed to be a really good bike.

MoreCashThanDash

Awaiting delivery of my Defy 1. £699 at Rutland Cycling.

Parcelforce are shit though.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Felt goes into minute detail about headset spec but merely describes the chainset as “shimano 34-50T’. Then shows FSA in the pic…

Nothing wrong with the Felt but Defys have an excellent reputation. Out of those 2 I’d get the Defy.

rhid

Yeah I think the Defy could possible edge it! Rutland is where I would get it from I think. I really wanted the blue version but they sold out! The Felt is full 105 kit too regardless of what the pic shows. I would probably use Wiggle for that if I decided on that one.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you get the Defy (or the Felt for that matter), I’d recommend swapping the supplied cartridge brake pads for Kool Stop Salmon – which will give you awesome wet (and dry) weather stopping. It’s a quick and easy job.

I have them in the same Tektro brakes on my winter steed.

I’m probably getting a Defy myself soon, so I think you made the right choice.

🙂

wilburt
    Free Member

My mate has a z85, I cant hold his wheel on my £3k Italian full carbon bike and he also seems to regularly better the pro’s on segments.

He’d probably do just the same on a Defy though so get the one in the nicest colour.

(and spend £180 on some decentish wheels before you ride either.)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

3% cashback from Rutland on topcashback if you buy online, assuming it works on bikes (no mention of exclusions) thats 20 quid back for living with red not blue 😉

rhid

I was ready to go with the Rutland Defy when friend in work said he picked up a 1 year old Defy 1 on ebay lastnight for 500 and he would left me have it for that price! I think we have a winner.

MoreCashThanDash

First ride on the Defy tonight. Looks like it is built from box girders but just as comfy as my old carbon Roubaix. Accelerates and corners better as well. And takes mudguards.

Would have been great value at rrp, absolute bargain in the sales.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant Defy 1 or Felt Z85’ is closed to new replies.