Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant Cypher or ?
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

My wife is looking to trade up her Arete to one of these potentially after having a blast on my Trance.

Any of the ladies on here have one?

She is also going to try a 16″ Trance & a 16″ Boardman on for size. She’s 5’8″ but quite leggy (34″), any other suggestions on the women’s specific bike as I guess the small men’s bikes won’t quite fit correctly?

Budget of c.£8-900

LHS
    Free Member

Mrs LHS has a Cypher and loves it, its a really well put together bike. She has the XS as she is 5ft3.

mattstreet

I know a lady who has a Cypher and she really likes it. And a bloke at work has one too – he’s rather short and gets on with geometry better than the Trance! 😀

Both those folks are short in the leg, if your missus is leggy (…lucky man…) she might find the small Trance better. Only one way to find out…

…and thinking about it, both those folks live in Tadley too. Might be able to put you in touch…

mboy
    Free Member

Small Trance and Medium Cypher are all but identical in the Top Tube department according to Giant’s geometry charts.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Yep that’s why I was thinking of a second-hand Trance frame as a possibility. But then wondered if it’b be tall enough, 34″ leg you’d have to run alot of seatpost?

mboy
    Free Member

You’d need a 410mm Thomson indeed…

But it could be done.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant Cypher or ?’ is closed to new replies.