Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Contact Switch dropper – saddle keeps tilting :(
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

I am running a Giant dropper on my HT and I really like it. Unfortunately when I get a kick up the arse or land on the saddle, it keeps tiling back and the nose points up (I’m about 75kg). I’m using a torque wrench when tighting the 1 bolt, and have centred the rails in the mount.

I have had the dropper replaced under warranty and tried both my Charge Spoon Crmo and Ti saddles and it has happened with every combination.

Has anyone had the same problem and got a fix? I have some carbon paste, would it be a good idea to try that on the plastic mount?

iainc

I take it you are tightening the bolts on both sides ?

Mine is solid, even with my ISM saddle which has a lot hanging out at the back

eshershore
    Free Member

I had the same problem with my non-dropper Giant post on my road bike, which uses a very similar cradle design.

When I hit a bump I’d get a click and slight saddle rotation; this was despite using a torque wrench to set the single bolt. I even tried going slightly higher torque, but this did not help.

I was advised by Giant UK to liberally smear all the seat post head parts (including the internal bore of the seatpost head) with carbon paste, am happy to say the issue has not come back.

The seat post on my bike is only tightened on 1 side, the other side is “keyed” so the opposing bolt receiver has a lip that keys into a slot.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, it is the 1 bolt design that I’m not a fan of. I have put some carbon paste on it so fingers crossed its will cure the problem when I next ride.

joelowden

Carbon paste has worked on mine .
    😀

1timmy1
    Free Member

Just been out for a short slow flat ride and it was OK, the test will hopefully be tomorrow if I can get out after work.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Been out for a ride and… No tilting! Cheers guys for the advice.

hainman
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack.was trying to figure out if I could take my saddle off and spin my post around 180 degrees and have my cable pointing forward instead of it sitting at the back of the post.Im prone to some PITA cable rub from the way my cable runs

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Contact Switch dropper – saddle keeps tilting :(’ is closed to new replies.