Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Contact Switch dropper post …. Thoughts
  • letmetalktomark

Afternoon all 🙂

I’m looking at a Giant Contact Switch dropper post for a bike I’m building primarily because of the slightly offset/layback head.

Anyone with any experience of these either good or bad?

I know MBUK or suchlike review one back in 2011 and noted a few issues but guessing these might have been addressed in their newer posts …. 😕

I have a suitably sized Reverb I could swap between bikes but that is a bit of a faff and the post itself is inline.

Cheers,

Mark

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Had one for a month or two.
    Had a couple of stiction issues but a small amount of finish line and careful clamping of seat coller has cured these.
    Seems a quality product and looks easy enough to strip down if needed.
    Thanx,
    Max

mtbfix

Tape over the holes at the top and look after the cable. Mine has been ok following these rules.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mines been fine for over a year, had to change the cable once and that’s about it

rp16v
    Free Member

Had a few of the older ones with iffy cartridges but no issues coming back with the new ones yet real easy to work on aswell will be getting mine on the next order hopefully

singlecrack
    Free Member

Had one since they first came out ….as above tape over the holes….and keep cable lubed……….if you find it has sagged a few mm …………hold in cable release and pump saddle up and down about ten times ……….

They are very easy to strip and clean

julzm
    Free Member

Got one of one each of our boys bikes. One is absolutely fine. The other has gone back for a warranty claim today, the inner has side to side play. LBS said they see this problem all the time. I have a reverb and it is much better quality IMO.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Contact Switch dropper post …. Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.