Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Giant Contact SL dropper seat post repairs
  • bjellys
    Free Member

Hi I have just received a replacement under warranty because of the sideways swivel movement ,I did this through the local LBS when I picked it up the guy asked did I want the old unit I said yes .
    When I got home I completely striped it down removing the sliding inner post from the outer and I can confirm in my opinion it is a terminal fault as the inner post is formed with 4 key way type extrusions and the inside of the outer has the same but this part is possibly removable ( I did not try to remove this part as I wanted to keep it all intact as an emergency post).I thought if I went any further I would damage it and not be able to put it back together.
    I have used this post 4 days a week for 10 months so the wear has shown up quite quickly as the average Joe will only use their MTB at weekends a couple of times a month.
    If anyone does take the strip down any further and manage to successfully repair can they please post.

To remove the inner post from the out once the piston has been removed just undo the screw collar and sharply slide the inner from the outer with a slide hammer action.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Is yours internal or external cable routing? I ordered one for external routing and no one could find a way of fitting it so I sent it back and have been sent another which appears to be the same! So it’s sat in the box for the past month!

vongassit
    Free Member

They are both internal & external Rockape63 , read the instructions.

I have wore out 2 in 21 months , as there is still some warranty left is it bad form to ask/expect for a 3rd?

munrobiker
    Free Member

http://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Cartridge-for-MY18-Contact-SL-and-Switch-Dropper-Seatpost/product_detail/3-43566

One of those should sort it shouldn’t it? Or is the key part of the post itself?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Giant Contact SL dropper seat post repairs’ is closed to new replies.