Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant Brand Wheels – wear indicators ?
  • iainc

I have a pair of PSL1’s which have only done around 2000 miles max, mainly dry conditions. Rim indicators have maybe 0.5mm left of them, but I dont know how much they started with ? any ideas ? I can’t believe that they are that approaching worn out as I have only recently changed the first set of brake blocks, with not much wear and they’ve never been in grinding paste conditions. Rims are not bevelled in any way with wear.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Try asking giant uk?

iainc

Try asking giant uk?

yes, was plannng going into LBS later, but knowing that STW has many answers…. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Try asking giant uk?

To get a quicker response, pop the question in a bottle, and chuck it in the sea.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They respond very quickly on twitter

granny_ring

To get a quicker response, pop the question in a bottle, and chuck it in the sea.

🙂

iainc

well I popped into LBS and had a look at same wheel (PSL1) on a new bike. Based on feel alone it seems that the wear indicators on new ones arent much deeper than mine, so all good for now 🙂

glacier79
    Free Member

I’ve these wheels. Whereabouts are the wear indicators?

iainc

Glacier – little dots on the braking surface, about 1mm dia and a bit less than 1mm deep, spaced about every 15cm round the rim.

If you don’t have them then your rims are due replacing according to the indicators 😆

glacier79
    Free Member

Thanks ianc, just seen these.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant Brand Wheels – wear indicators ?’ is closed to new replies.