Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giant Brakes
  • jon1973
    Free Member

My brother recently bought a Giant Full sus though the cycle to work scheme from Halfords. It is normal for Giant bikes to have the front brake level on the left hand side and the rear on the right? Or is this some sort of dodgy grey import?

Edit: It's a Giant Trance x4 2010.

spock
    Free Member

sounds foriegn

richhh
    Free Member

Probably foriegn. If Giant are running low on a particular model but Giant EU isn't they'll just ship them over. There shouldn't be any major difference other than colour and the brakes the wrong way round.

tron
    Free Member

It issn't normal. Get Halfords to swap it back. The positions of brake levers are covered by regulations for new bikes – same as reflectors etc.

epicyclo

They are supplied front on right to our local lbs.

Maybe Halfords are sourcing direct.

jon1973
    Free Member

Maybe Halfords are sourcing direct.

yes. I'm thinking they may be going to Giant Europe (or whatever it's called). Giant UK don't deal direct with Halfords apparently.

Moe

I'd never really considered this before but as a South paw should my brakes be the other way around?

tron
    Free Member

Nope.

jon1973
    Free Member

I'd never really considered this before but as a South paw should my brakes be the other way around?

I think it's more about being able to control the rear brake when indicating to turn right. Can't think of another reason why it would be different between the UK and Europe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

depended on the model

ive had giant bikes come through both ways – sometimes with no brakes attached and they be in a box when i worked in a giant dealer over a period of 8 years – but one thing is for sure – they always left with the front brake on the right !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giant Brakes’ is closed to new replies.