Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Giant bikes. Any good?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Full susser, 150 ish travel. I know nothing of their range really and don’t know anyone who rides one.
    I’ve got the chance of picking a new one up with a good discount and I’m still in the market for a new bike. Thanks in advance.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Err….

Jamie
    Free Member

Giant? They new to the market? Never heard of them.

You might be better off buying from a more established company.

codybrennan
    Free Member

One of the world’s biggest bike brands, make frames for many in their far-east factories, their Maestro FS suspension is regarded as being a fine thing indeed?

codybrennan
    Free Member

<Jamie=flow breaker>

Jamie
    Free Member

codybrennan
    Free Member

:):):):):):)

codybrennan
    Free Member

I was going to drag that out more……wrightyson, you post here all the time, are we being trolled?

atlaz
    Free Member

Not sure how you could have missed them but yeah, they’re considered to be good. My 2007 Trance (long sold) was great.

codybrennan
    Free Member

…….actually, before this gets all strange, I have a Trance X4 FS (2009) for sale, 120mm- you want mine??

scaredypants

Just checking if the flow’s intact

Everyone OK ?

cody ?

codybrennan
    Free Member

The flow is flowing.

Thanks for checking SP.

thepurist

Flowing and hot!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah I appreciate they’re good and have been around the odd year or two 😳 but I’ve absolutely no idea when it comes to their “line up”.
    Perhaps I should’ve titled it help me choose a giant bike.
    I genuinely have the choice of the shop with possibly 30% discount. However it’ll be choose one and we’ll get it in, no looky see available.

codybrennan
    Free Member

No probs 🙂

Anthem or Trance?

wrightyson
    Free Member

This “opportunity” has only just presented itself so I’ve no idea as I’d never looked at giant before as I assumed such as with my current spesh you pay a bit more for the name so been looking at other stuff. It’s been over 6 months now and still not hit buy!
    Want more than the current 120 travel I’ve got, hence 150 ish and a fitted dropper post. Not 29er unless the wheels are built from kryptonite.

thepurist

150ish? Then Sir should be looking at the Reign. Suits you sir. Does sir like to ride hard? Would Sir really like to have 6inches front and back?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Starbuck’s of the bike world

catschroedinger
    Free Member

Value for money if you wait for Pauls cycles on sale offers

wrightyson
    Free Member

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2014.giant.trance.sx.27.5/15002/66617/

This is what I’ve come up with so far.
    Apparently the reign no longer exists?

thepodge
    Free Member

Now that the trance is 140mm I think the reign was a bit too similar

I have the 127mm trance, in fact it’s my second one, love it to bits just not as much as I love my ss

PJM1974
    Free Member

They’re alright…

But their ridiculous notion of foisting yet another steerer tube standard upon us means that anything made by Giant is well and truly off my buying radar I’m afraid.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Giant bikes. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.