Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Giant Bearings……Help Needed!!!!!!
  • bigpete2112
    Free Member

Hi
    Anyone know if bearings from the Trance or Anthem will fit the Yukon FX, can’t find bearings for my bike anywhere. bike is a 2009 btw.
    any help would be most appreciated.
    Ta

anto164
    Free Member

If you’re not sure, then what i’d do is get the bike in the stand and undo all the pivots.

Take a note of the bearing sizes (It’ll state a bearing code i.e. 6032 2RS) and then order the bearings from somewhere like bearingboys.co.uk.

bigpete2112
    Free Member

That’s great, will have a go at that 😀

Cheers 😀

Olly
    Free Member

CALM DOWN DEAR

take it apart, push/smack them out,and its printed on them.

somewhere around, is a photograph and explanation of a bearing press i made using sockets and a quick release skewer.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/giant-maestro-bearing-press

here you go.

is the yukon any good?
    its basically 4 bar isn’t it?
    looks JUST like a trance I seem to remember, but they missed out the lower rocker.

its not too hard really.

lump

Some one should hire out their maestro press kits, I know id use it if i could lay my hands on one

Olly
    Free Member

if your in exeter, lump, you can come round mine and i’ll show you how to do it.
    its easy peasy

lump

Unfortunately Coventry, but thanks for the offer

robhughes
    Free Member

Come on where is he………should have been here by now….someone give him a shout. 😉

Olly
    Free Member

maybe if you said his name 3 times? 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

In a mirror.
    He will appear. 8)

Ok i,ll do it..

O k..a..e..s..a..e……where….are….you….

That might work…

sc-xc

Kae Candyman, Candyman, Candyman

That should do it….

Olly
    Free Member

on that link i posted, he asked about the upper bearing mount, which i have to admit i hadnt seen, and also, i havent changed! (it was fine on mine, and at 15 quid a bearing, i didnt need an excuse to save 30 quid by skipping the good condition ones)
    but the “special tool” is just ” as the outer race is at an angle to the bearing itself (funny weld shape)
    hardly a “special tool”, all it needs is a block o wood, with an angle cut on it.
    that or a SMACK with a hammer to get it out, as putting it back in, it will be the same as usual

no imagination that boy 😉

cant PROPERLY fiddle bikes without a little imagination in overcoming problems

bigpete2112
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys… gonna give it a go..
    Olly..the Yukon is a nice ride, and you are right it is a 4 bar set-up, it climbs really well and just gets on with it back down the other side. I bought it cheap to get back into mountain biking and have now heavily upgraded it (only the frame, shock and wheels remain). Currently saving up for a Trance X 8)

robhughes
    Free Member

Has he not arrived yet.
    come on kaesae..pull the lad out of the s##t. 🙂

bigjim

I just kind of followed this for my trance:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=242343

Except I wasn’t too keen on using a hammer to tap them out so either used the rod and nuts or a little mini hobby vice that was about £10 in homebase to squeeze them out. Once you have the old ones out, they are perfect to use to push the new ones in in line. A bit of wd40 to get the old ones out and a little grease on the new ones in helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Giant Bearings……Help Needed!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.