Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • giant anthen x1 or stumpy ht carb?
  • malchales
    Free Member

im about to buy a new bike.giant anthem x1 or spesh stumpy ht carbon exp?i live on the southdowns but ride lake dist,glentress,afan occasionally. but this season i want to do some races as well.i had to sell my stumpy exp & fuel x9 because i got laid off….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the anthem is fast, very, very fast. But the one I tried didnt like jumping, so maybe not an ideal trail center bike.

Would a trance (or even a trance x)not be closer to the stumpy?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

oops, missed the HT bit.

IMO, you wont be dissapointed by the anthem while climbing, if i was buying a ‘propper’ XC bike the anthem would be a no brainer. I its of any use i’m 6ft and a large was too long.

malchales
    Free Member

thanks for that,im 5`10 so do you recon a med will be to large for me?

trail_rat
    Free Member

medium will be fine at 5 foot 10 , at 6 foot 2 i found a medium way too small for proper XC …about 3 inches in the TT . Have you found a medium x1 in stock to buy? as giant dont have and aint getting any more mediums or large in 🙁 tried to buy a large instead of my new bike 🙁

i have to add the bike i got instead ….might be food for thought ?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-with-kitchen-and-untidy-builders-yard-content

malchales
    Free Member

thanks for that,i did`nt realise there were no med left! i may have found one…….. better go and put a deposit on it then

Reluctant
    Free Member

Anthem X1 medium due back in stock week 16, which is around 2 weeks away. 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

seriously reluctant ? phoned them up about 3 weeks ago to order one and they said they wouldnt be getting any more in the current model year and that id have to wait till the catalogues changed and probable price hikes …..

not very ammused but i guess it means i can go weight weenie with my plastic frame 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

think the medium is a 23.5TT, can’t say i’d ever want more than that, although a large giant didn’t feel anywhere near as big as a large spesh.

malchales
    Free Member

i thought giant was the biggest manufacturer! i`ve found this a lot when ordering a new bike,mediums seem to go really quickly.surely the answer would be import more,or is that too simple…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘giant anthen x1 or stumpy ht carb?’ is closed to new replies.