Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • giant anthem x owners,your bike reviews please.
  • racefaceec90

i know that there have been plenty of reviews of anthem x's,but was just wondering how people have got on with theirs long term.i.e how are they during winter/bad weather (bearings e.t.c).also how you find the suspension/ride of the bike. as i have only ever ridden 2 full sus bikes (1998 marin mount vision,2006 specialized stumpy fsr comp.)am really looking forward to getting my x 4 in february.thank you for your time 😀

rock
    Free Member

awesome bike. Light, comfy, fast.

Having said that, I've just noticed a tiny amount of play in the upper shock bushing after 6 months of use. By all accounts, the other pivots are meant to be very durable

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

only test ridden one, and only because they were out of tance's.

Unbelievably fast, had to make a concious effort not to rip the right hand grip off exiting corners as my brain was trying to convince me i was on the motorbike!

Very steep though, wouldn't want to make a mistake on it going downhill over something technical as it would be punished by a trip.

onewheelgood

It's light, it's fast – but you'll end up getting tired because it just seems to encourage you to ride flat out. On a Peak epic last week end mine was lovely up the hills, but just slightly scary on some of the sketchier, rockier downhills – Cavedale for instance. But keep your weight well back and it'll be OK :-). I've had mine since April, coming from a 1999 Mount Vision, and the bearings, bushings etc are fine. Compared to the MV it's very slightly lighter (my MV was quite blinged up) and massively more rigid – stamp on the pedals and it jumps forward like a hardtail. I love it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘giant anthem x owners,your bike reviews please.’ is closed to new replies.