Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Anthem RP2 or RP23?
  • ace_sparky
    Free Member

Just wondering if with the maestro suspension system there would be any benefit to having the adjustable pro pedal settings on the RP23 over the RP2.

Thanks all.

scaredypants

my 2007 trance has a plain Float R & hardly bobs at all. I doubt a newer anthem would need it unless you're racing it maybe

racefaceec90

this interests me also.at present am paying towards a 2010 anthem x 4.i think it comes with the fox rp2 shock.how do you find yours to ride?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    schrickvr6
    Free Member

I've got a VP link bike with RP23 and I don't really see the point of the 3 levels, mine is either on minimum or off.

If I was buying a shock I'd save me money and get the RP2.

zeus
    Free Member

Disclaimer: I don't know these shocks 100%, and stand to be corrected!

As far as I know the difference between the RP2 and RP23 is that you are able to adjust the level of damping applied when you switch to Propedal, where on the RP2 it's a single damping setting for Propedal.
    My bike came with the RP23 and from day one, I set it to the hardest/stiffest/most damped setting and literally haven't touched it since. Based on that, I would probably be happy with the RP2 – simple Propedal on/Propedal off.

Hope this helps!

=======================
    Live fast, take chances!
    iRide Africa

ace_sparky
    Free Member

this interests me also.at present am paying towards a 2010 anthem x 4.i think it comes with the fox rp2 shock.how do you find yours to ride?

Don't have one yet, looking at getting either a 2010 anthem x frame at the end of the year or mayby a second hand 2008 anthem frame.

foggy
    Free Member

I've got an 08 anthem. I never use the propedal at all since the bike does not bob anyway due to the suspension design, so the 3 levels on the RP23 would be irrelevant. As far as I can see it's there on higher models because people see it as something they should aspire to have when buying a bike at higher price points rather than because it's really needed on the bike – just marketing fluff.

I worried about this too when I bought my anthem. I was told what I've written above by both the shop and mates so went with it. They were right. Save your money :o)

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Thanks to all for the advice, the frame comes with a RP23 as standard but if I could pick up a second hand frame with a RP2 then I'll be happy, certainly wont be looking at upgrading it anytime soon 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem RP2 or RP23?’ is closed to new replies.