Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Giant Anthem or trance? really confused.
  • giantx4
    Free Member

Ok guys i may as well well put my two penneth into the conversation,ive been rockin’ my 2010 trance-x since early ’11… Best bike ive ever owned… Still upgrading to this very day!!… Oh… & its 26″ ha!! #26aintdead

steve_b77
    Free Member

Giantx4, I too have one of those to my name – the Cover Star not the little wheeled Trance :mrgreen:

giantx4
    Free Member

Steve!! Please share!…unless of course it involves any #darksidebikes!!

pipiom
    Free Member

My, not very experienced, view is if you’re over 6″ you don’t feel as secure on a 26″ as you do on a 29″……. that’s my personal view only but I had loads of OTB’s and front wheel snatches on my 26″ ……..I still felt like I was hanging over the front end on the Anthem 29er ( great bike by the way soooo light and racy) but I just feel so much more confident on the Trance 29…….total do it all

giantx4
    Free Member

I bn riding mtb since 90′ & think all this big wheel stuff is purely a money making #scheme by the bike firms?… Im 6″2″ & own 30 odd koms ont his #littlewheeler.. ??

emac65
    Free Member

I need to know if I’m a large or XL. Think at 6ft 4 Ide be better with XL.

You’ll need an XL in my opinion.I’m 6’1″ & ride a large Anthem & also have a 26″ wheeled Trance in large too.

rickon
    Free Member

Yep XL for sure. I had a large Anthem at 5’11, or 5’10 if I’ve been standing up all day 🙂

Nick

I’m 5’10.5 and I test rode mediums and bought a medium, sat on a large, much too big, I have long legs, short body so didn’t want silly long top tube (medium Trance/Anthem same as my medium 456 and Fargo)

andyv
    Free Member

I have a trance X29er in medium, I’m 5’10” too. The large felt far too big despite my previous bikes being large 26″ stumpjumpers. Advise you at least sit on a L and XL to see how they feel.

Trance is ace, fast fun and jumpy.

jacob46
    Free Member

how do I copy someone’s reply so I can comment on it and get responses please?

benji
    Free Member

Im 6″2″ & own 30 odd koms ont his #littlewheeler.. ??

At the minute #29er is coming to get you #26hasnokomssoitsdead 😛

jacob46
    Free Member

well I would like to reply to “rickon” who thinks my rear end will be stuck up in the air more and my front end lent over more on a trance than an anthem? is this true ?
    I will find out Saturday at rutland cycle but im curious because I prefer to be more upright!!

fenn123
    Free Member

I have an Anthem X2, £1199 at Pedal On for 2013 at the moment which is a great deal allowing plenty for upgrades etc. Think only got Large left though.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have an anthem in 26 inch flavour. Great bike on everything but steep technical stuff, in which case I wouldn’t fancy it that much.

If the 29r version is an even faster version then it’ll be a great bike.

jacob46
    Free Member

Thought Ide let you all know that I’ve just tested Anthem X 1 29Er and I love it. Very nippy and well made. Trance needs to be off road all the time so Anthem it is 😆

Best prices please if anyone knows of a good deal. £1999 the best I can find.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem or trance? really confused.’ is closed to new replies.