Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Anthem front ends.
  • zippykona

How interchangeable is Giant stuff with normal?
    Would be looking at sticking straight steerer forks on it and using my stem ,bars and tapered frame headset.
    Any secret problems I should be aware of?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Standard steerer and head tube upto 2010.2011-2013 tapered, 2013 and on overdrive 2.
    Would have thought you just need a reducer to suit.

OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

Yeah, they use overdrive 2 headset (different taper to standard) and so you need to use suitable stem, headset etc. No problem with bars I guess…

Not sure if other manufacturers make compatible kit; I think i’ve heard that but haven’t looked into it (just got one a couple of weeks ago).

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Standard stem if using straight steerer.Special stem only required on overdrive 2 forks.

FOG

I was just about to buy a 2013 Giant frame but you have worried me now! Can I use my standard tapered Rebas in an Overdrive headset or does it need something with a different steerer? Why do you need a different stem?
    What reducer would be necessary?

granny_ring

As I understand it Overdrive is the normal tapered set up and Overdrive 2 is 1″1/4 top bearings instead of the normal 1″1/8. Both sizes use the same headtube so if you want to run normal tapered forks in an Overdrive 2 frame you need to change the top headset cup I think?

benji
    Free Member

The base model anthems come with standard taper in them. So it is possible to fit a normal fork just need to get the right headset. I bought a 2013 anthem x4, which has been great as I didn’t want to be tied into stems from giant only.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem front ends.’ is closed to new replies.