Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Giant Anthem at 120mm
  • theotherjonv

I used to have an original Trance 100mm about 6 or 7 years ago that I ran 120mm forks on before the Trance X existed. I’ve been through a couple of others and now I’m back at an Anthem, but wondering if anyone still runs their Giants at +20mm vs their design, and how they found them.

Nothing wrong with how it rides, just idle curiosity really.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Running anthem on 120.. Better than 100. Hope this helps

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Run my trance at 140 and it is far better than at 120mm

andymc06
    Free Member

Got Fox Float RLC (FIT) 140’s on my Trance X3 and it rides really well. Almost no penalty on the way up and even more capable on the way down. Recommended.

scaredypants

trances were definitely better with a bit longer fork than the original spec

andymc06
    Free Member

“Are” better. 😀

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yep – my old Anthem X was significantly improved at 120mm (versus its intended 100). So saying, the Camber I replaced it with had the 120mm front end as standard – but add in the relaxed head angle and it was heaps better (for what I wanted it for).

scaredypants

andymc06 – Member
    “Are” better 😀

I don’t have one any more, so they’re now shit
    plastic TranceXs, on the other hand – lovely 8)

tinybits
    Free Member

2009 x1 and run 90-120mm forks on it. Work superbly. It’ll climb a wall when turned down and handles better for the rest if the time turned up. If I could have just one setting, it’d be 120mm.

vrapan
    Free Member

Not that I make much use of the extra travel, I am roads on the ground kinda guy, but my Anthem has had 120mm Rebas for a couple years now and I like it quite a lot.

roverpig

Instead of increasing the travel by 20mm, how about keeping the travel the same and increasing the wheel size? A 29er front at 100mm is presumably similar in terms of the effect on the geometry as a 120mm with a 26″ wheel, with all the “advantages” of the larger wheel. Just a thought.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Am kinda thinking trying 120mm on the front of my Anthem 29.Anyone tried it?
    Thanx,
    Max.

emac65
    Free Member

Been running my 07 trance with an 130mm fork since I bought the frame new,tried it once with 100mm one & didn’t like it….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem at 120mm’ is closed to new replies.