Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Anthem 29er £1999 Or Spec Camber comp £2200 ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

After decided with people’s help wether to go for Trance or Anthem I decided on anthem and first impressions on yesterdays test ride was awesome. But my local bike shop is a specialized shop and popped in to have a look and tried the camber comp.well I now like that as well. But £200 more!!

I like the fact that the shop is 3 mile from home and they say there rear set up on suspension is on paper the best.

Which one shall I put me deposit on ?

Shaun20
    Free Member

Whichever one you like the most. If you don’t know I suggest you go for another test ride.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I don’t have experience of the 29er versions, but having owned both in 26er format, I’d say they were very different bikes. I now have a (26er) Trance X and prefer that to the lot, but the Camber is / was slacker than the Anthem, so rode very differently too. It could be you’re not comparing apples with apples? But as I say – that opinion is just based on the 26″ wheel models, so it may be just that you need to go ride them again! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Haven’t Giant now ditched 29er’s?

I managed to get a fantastic deal on a 2013 Giant XTC 29er hardtail, if you like the Anthem 29er maybe you can find one with a good discount?

tonyg2003

I have a Camber 29er and it’s a really quick bike once you get it rolling (usual 29er issues apply). Not too much front fork travel which would be my only criticism (110mm) since I regularly use all the travel due to going too damn quick. Maybe 130mm might suit it better. They seem to be good value too.

hillsplease

Anthem X 29er is pretty racy and really rather well specced, it is an XC bike. Rode it down The Slab in Dalbeattie and if you’re going to do that sort of thing regularly I’d recommend a bike with a slacker head angle. It’s good for long distance adventures on the proviso there’s a minimum of bowel loosening descending.

jacob46
    Free Member

Love the Fox set up on anthem and I think spec £200+ too much. But I know specialized are excellent bikes.

I have a carve pro and was surprised that I needed a new bottom bracket cassette after only 400 miles. The fitter told me not use a hose when washing it! Watering can only.

Still think they are good despite the sram ccrank.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem 29er £1999 Or Spec Camber comp £2200 ?’ is closed to new replies.